D22 front end query

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wadeqld''r

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a 2004 stock D22 and just lately I have noticed when turning sharp I sometimes get a feel through the steering wheel like I am driving over very fine corrugations. It will sometimes also happen when I am taking off and turning sharply at the time. Are there any basic troubleshooting techniques to determine if its CV,s etc. Thannks in advance for any words of advice.

Sounds like a wheel alignment issue..... what sort of condition is your front tyres in..... do they have feathered outer or inner edge?

Pedders

$14.
Safety check
Let the grease monkeys find the problem
Then fix yourself

It does it with the hubs in Free wheel. It is hard to explain the feel, it is sort of like a whirring sound/feel when turning at low speed. The tyres are about 5 months old and dont show any signs of feathering on the edges they are Bridgestone duellers 275/70. I think I may have to get to a starting point for elimination and look at the wheel alignment, and go from there.

Where does the whirring sound come from? Could be your power steering pump getting a bit tired

id check your wheel bearings, just jack the front up spin the wheel and see if you can hear anything,then grab the top and the bottom and rock it back and forth and see if there is to much movement and if you cant find the issue or dont have time do what sparra said,just keep in mind they might tell you things that dont need fixing so double check what they say yourself.

id check your wheel bearings, just jack the front up spin the wheel and see if you can hear anything,then grab the top and the bottom and rock it back and forth and see if there is to much movement and if you cant find the issue or dont have time do what sparra said,just keep in mind they might tell you things that dont need fixing so double check what they say yourself.

Also.... make sure that your hubs are fully unlocked. Even though they may be in the free position, get under the car and see if u can turn the driveshaft on the LHS and RHS sides.... If u can't, then one of your hubs is stuck in.....

theres a few things it could be so your best bet is to jack its up and work your way through everything everyone has mentioned,start with easiest first hopeing thats the cause haha.from there it can be narrowed down or solved

Cheers guys for all the quick responses, I am going through now trying to eliminate the easy ones.
Cheers,
Wade

Latest posts

Back