D22 Front Flares

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eMZed

Reaction score
Does Anyone know anything about "Aftermarket Flares" from Thailand ?????? I'm sick of the Genuine ones braking the clip mounts

Regards Mark

Assuming you're busting flares by rubbing walls/trees on tight tracks, have you considered investing in a set of brushbars?

No ,,, Bottom of the mud flaps bottom out in deep rutts and pot holes and pushes up on the flares and breaks the plastic clip mounts

I've bought plastics from China and other Asian countries in the past (cheaping out, and not related to Nav's) and have usually had to tweak holes a bit with the dremel to get proper alignment. I'd expect a bit better from the Thai's though, and considering that some Nav's are built/assembled there it could be a winner (?)
Depending on whether its an ebay add or direct from the manufacturer in Thailand a quick email to them could help you out.....whats the price difference between the aftermarkets and genuine?

Would softer mud flaps help the issue, instead of asserting force of the impact upward they just bend/fold over? Just throwing ideas around here.....

Last edited:
Just had a look Scotty, looks like all they've got is the super wide mudderphucker flares. Im just chasing a pair of non-painted OEM replacement front flares for my '04 DX C/C. I lost my left one and can't be arsed with cowboy wreckers with over-priced ****ed out merchandise that wont match the right one! If any one has any leads I'll be much obliged!

the evsta

Yep I have shorted the mud flaps up and fitted rubber at the bottom and works real good and I've been running them for a few years but I got my self caught up the other day when i reversed up ....The genuine flares are $400 each ,,, and the non genuine flares from Thailand $430 for a pair and they look real good ! ! ! ! ! Rabbid-chop mentioned flares he called super wide mudderphucker flares,,,what are they about ?????.

Last edited:
^ im referring to the wide flares on ebay. They look tough, but are a bolt-on looking thing and I'm guessing would suit a more agressive wheel offset.
Do you have a link to the non-genuine Thai flares you keep mentioning EMzed?

yeah rabbid-chop is right, those aggressive looking bolt on flares are for wider muddies. Probably for 12.5" tyres on a wider offset rim.

$430 for a pair is still pretty decent coin to be lashing out and you'd expect decent quality and fitment at that price - again, I'd shoot the manufacturer / supplier an email to get a bit more information. You can make the comparison between the genuine and aftermarket flares if you can get your hands on a shop drawing of the Thai after markets....
For all we know they could come out of the same factory as the genuine flares and the savings come from Nissan (the middle man) being cut out (rightly so, the rip off bastards!)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained - plastic's can easily be tweaked as well, providing the fixing locations are relatively close to where they need to be.

For any future trips, the only other suggestion I have is remove the front mudflaps when you arrive, you don't need them on tracks - Should be a winner

It would look odd running 265's on the factory alloys with those flares. A 275/70 will fill the guard nicely and fit on the factory rims no problem.

Latest posts

Back