D22 hard roof canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshp82

Reaction score
Hi all thought I would start my own thread instead of hijacking everyone else's.
I will be making it out of 40x40 square, the roof will the alloy checkerplate and canvas or vinyl sides.
I want to make the canopy the same shape as the cab so I made a template this afternoon. After I cut it out I have few questions for those in the know. What should do where the tub drops away? The front wall near the cab will be solid with a glass/acrylic window. How should finish it so A its water tight and B looks right.
uploadfromtaptalk1390297146668.jpg
The pencil line is 40mm from the inside lip of the tub.
It measures 500mm high. I'm not sure if that's high enough. I could make it taller. Will this look funny sitting higher than he cab?
The last picture shows ho much the tub curves away from the inside out. At the back the frame will just sit back with the vinyl sides running past to make it look right
uploadfromtaptalk1390297406768.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1390297437728.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390297459509.jpg

Subbing for curiosity. I'm about to start doing mine as well. Am at about the same stage, template made and steel priced.

Was just going to use inch square.

Just had an idea. If I make he template 15mm taller. I can make the front wall come down inbetween the tub and cab. But then how to I secure the sail track for the vinyl. Aargghh

Went and had a chat with the trimmer today. He showed me how it will sit once the frame is started. Hopefully no water to get in. Should cost about $600 to have the walls made.out of the vinyl like a trucks tarps. Wonder how much it would cost to do ally doors????

Last edited:
Wouldn't cost much difference for ally doors.

My trimmer said 1000ish, that was the end of my build for a while.

I was going to go ally/steel headboard with vents to maintain positive pressure in the back

Latest posts

Back