D22 Injector upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KallumG123

Reaction score
What has everyone done for upgrading injectors on a D22? I've heard of people using D40 injectors, but are they the same or do they provide higher flow? Or is there any place that make high flow nozzles?

as explained by another member the problem with d22 (mine is 3.2 ltr diesel )is that they were indirect injection which means that the fuel & injection happens in a small chamber in the head its an original idea which was out dated in the 60's. the direct injecion system eliminated small chamber , all happens at top of cylinder, in most case translates to better economy and more power ( engines now use higher fuel rail pressure)

as explained by another member the problem with d22 (mine is 3.2 ltr diesel )is that they were indirect injection which means that the fuel & injection happens in a small chamber in the head its an original idea which was out dated in the 60's. the direct injecion system eliminated small chamber , all happens at top of cylinder, in most case translates to better economy and more power ( engines now use higher fuel rail pressure)
d22's have indirect, direct, or common rail injection depending on what motor they have.

indirect injection is prefect fine for the time period. it certainly wasn't outdated. if your qd32 had direct injection it would have a whole lot less power than it does. indirect injection gave the engine higher rpm and lower noise/emissions than most of the direct injection counterparts for the pressures used.

zd30 is a bit different with much higher injection pressure (higher than 1st gen common rail) and two stage injection (pilot injection) built into the injectors.

yd25 of course is common rail.

Latest posts

Back