D22 - issues?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
223A93FB-A757-4232-81B5-C0943D58DB1C.jpeg

I’m guessing I’m up for a new intercooler? Also might explain the bit of a whine in getting that matches revs, guessing that’s boost leaking through a split in the intercooler?

Also I have what I think sounds like chain slap but not sure. See the video linked with this post. The sound starts and stops but is quite regular and in time with the engine so I may need to get the timing chain looked at I think?

The sound could also be an exhaust gasket that's just starting to leak. Check the exhaust for sooty emissions, particularly around the turbo-exhaustmanifold join and EGR tube, but if you want to check the timing chains a mechanic's stethoscope* is a good choice, just be careful around the fan.

The intercooler does look like it's leaking. If memory serves it's alloy, which means it might be weldable by anyone with the skills to weld aluminium (I tried, it's not easy).

* Mechanic's stethoscope is available at places like Supercheap Auto for around $30 but you can use a long-shaft screwdriver, put the tip of the driver to the housing you're listening to and the end of the handle against your ear. The stethoscope looks more professional and makes you look like you know what you're doing.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/toledo-toledo-stethoscope/SPO79917.html

Latest posts

Back