D22 losing power

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NavaraNoob

Reaction score
We had a stinking hot day last week temp got to 40 degrees, very hot for south west of Victoria. My d22 lost power and was dead below 2500 revs, if I flogged it to around 2500 revs it gave a splutter and took off as normal. since the weather has cooled down it is fine again.

Power problem may not have been due to heat but seems odd that it was fine later, any ideas?

Last edited:
No - these things don't like the heat. Mine's been a slug through the hot too - happens every year!

Fit up a decent intercooler & try to get as much air through to the engine as possible.

Thanks nakedape and joshman, so are you both suggesting that I replace the stock intercooler with an after market item? I ave a snorkel and chip onboard already.

you have the 2.5 CR engine?

how much fuel did you have in the tank? one problem can be fuel temp.
is your egr blocked off?

tweak'e,

not sure how much fuel it had, it may have been down to the red light, not certain, the car has done 800k's so egr should not be blocked, engine is the 2.5

i think plenty of people on here recon the 2.5 is gutless down low and blocking off the egr improves it a lot.
if fuel is low and high air temps the fuel temp may have been getting to high. try to keep the tank full on hot days.

Thanks Tweak'e, I have a chip in it which kicks in at around 2,000 revs and keeps the power on to 3,500. Happy to admit that I am a noob and do not really know what the egr is or how to block it off, any advice would be greatly appreciated. :confused3:

do a search for the egr block, many threads on it already, well worth doing also

We had a stinking hot day last week temp got to 40 degrees, very hot for south west of Victoria. My d22 lost power and was dead below 2500 revs, if I flogged it to around 2500 revs it gave a splutter and took off as normal. since the weather has cooled down it is fine again.

Power problem may not have been due to heat but seems odd that it was fine later, any ideas?

I had similiar problems over the summer couldn't get any power in 5th gear to maintain 100km/h . Really made towing my caravan hard work on the hotter days. So much so that I've replaced the Navara as my Tow vehicle with a Prado

Latest posts

Back