D22 QD32 N/A - Hows does yours go ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDgone

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I own a 1999 model D22 single cab 4x4 (steel Tray), with a NON-Turbo QD32 Diesel with 263,000 and extractors.

This week i got a new 2" 1/4 Exhaust system and the extractors fitted and it didn't seem to make any difference or the slightest difference.

It running 245/70/16 All Terrains.

The Injector Pump DOES Leak a bit and needs a Rebuild ASAP when i get the extra money to afford it.

It seems to have a bit of power down very low going from 1st-2nd (if you let the clutch out to quick it spins the tires) then from 3rd winding up to 4th usually take a bit even on flat ground after the extractors and new exhaust. in 4th is pulls pretty well and in 5th it does 100-110 but misfires a bit.

The Extractors did make the engine rev more freely, get gasses out better.

I am not to sure if there is an issue with my QD32 D22 or at they all like this ?If not really where is the missing HP, is it because of the pump ?

Cheers heaps any help ASAP is great

I think the clearest diagnosis is the missing at 110, sounds like that pump needs some attention. Next is injectors if you're still in trouble. You won't see much from extractors or any performance "enhancement" mod until you've got the fuel there to burn to make use of the extra volumetric efficiency.

What you've described isn't what I experienced from my QD

My 98 QD32 runs sweet. I service her myself. 280K on the clock and no dramas. She's a bit slow to get upto speed but they were never going to break any landspeed records especially with 31's.

Off road she is a weapon. Just walks over almost anything. Proper 4x4ing...

I'd get yours checked out as I have no misfire at any speed. There is some noise when cold but I've never met a quiet old diesel that likes to get woken up on a cold morning...

Hope you come right fella.

H

Latest posts

Back