D22 Rear door speakers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's as easy as plugging in new door speakers to get them working?

I haven't checked to see if the wiring is already there, just hoping it's all set up to the stereo already. Could it be that easy? LOL.

Im not sure, But I'd love to know also picking up my new Nav mid this week and am keen on putting a half decent stereo setup in it...................would make life very easy if the wiring was allready intact. Im pretty sure the standard head units are 4 channel ready for rear speakers?

It's been a while since I had the back doors apart but I think there is a spare plug floating in there, I can only assume that it is for the speakers if they are fitted, but I'm not 100% certain about this.

yeah there is wiring to the rear doors and a plug. I think you need a fairly thin speaker tho. And there not wired up to start with

d22 rear speakers

been through this with my 2002 model the plug is there but the wires only go as far as the a pillar so you need to wire from head unit any way i also bought the mounting plates for the rears from nissan at about $33 each and only fitted 4 inch speakers but enough for rear fill may be dif. in latter models though

2008 ST-R models have wire and plugs at rear door and also have wiring at plug into head unit but wiil have to varify continuity between the two.
Will be checking this out soon as i find some suitable speakers and will post any new info.

Plug and play Krankin!!! I put some speakers in the rear doors today, cut the plug off and joined the wires. Pretty happy with that because I diddn't really feel like running new speaker cable.

Brad

Plug and play Krankin!!! I put some speakers in the rear doors today, cut the plug off and joined the wires. Pretty happy with that because I diddn't really feel like running new speaker cable.

Brad

Good stuff Nev, thanks.
I thought this to be the case but didnt want to shoot off without the facts.

I might have a play around with the speakers I took out of the front if thats the case, damn I hope the cable is joined all the way through!

I've got the 04 model, where should i be looking to find the ends of these cables.
It would have been so much easier if they just put the speakers in standard :p

I've got the 04 model, where should i be looking to find the ends of these cables.
It would have been so much easier if they just put the speakers in standard :p

In the 08 model the wires and plug are sitting just above where the speaker fits,
taped back the loom,
after you take the rear door trims off.

mine dont have rear speakers. This is stupid for there to be no rear speakers. I was gona try fit some 6x9s. Lol. This prob wont happen.

When I had the trims off mine the plugs were there but the holes for the speaker cutouts weren't very close to being the shape of a speaker. I think there must be an additional bracket you need to fit them.

I was gona try fit some 6x9s. Lol.

This prob wont happen.

Yep... as sure as the sun rises every day.

ps.... ur one lucky bloke living up there in god's country...

I was going to ask how the fishings going but it would create an offtopic situation. oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if the loom extends to adding rear speakers why didn't they also add the wiring for the passenger and rear door switches?
You probably cant answer that I know but it is a piss off especially when there is provision for them in the pillar stamping and the addition of covers over where they should be.

Moved the STD front speakers into the rear doors. Made a template out of mdf. Look like they're factory fitted.

PB070028.jpg

Bugger using the factory wiring loom. All factory wiring is C**p. Better off to run your own cables. (costs all of $10 extra)

No joins and thicker cables = much better sound quality!

Last edited:
So if the loom extends to adding rear speakers why didn't they also add the wiring for the passenger and rear door switches?
You probably cant answer that I know but it is a piss off especially when there is provision for them in the pillar stamping and the addition of covers over where they should be.

Purely to keep costs down due to it being marketed here as a TRADIES vehicle.

But i too am pissed off about that .

if any body needs to know how to do this..i have been there done that so ring me if ya's like and i'll give you a few pointers,cheers.
0429663394,cheers.

Latest posts

Back