D22 Running at 1500rpm at all times

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miashane

Reaction score
Hi not sure if anyone can help my D22 2004 is running at 1500rpm all the time, when you first turn on its ok but as soon as you start driving revs go up, when coming back down gearbox and back to neutral revs stay at 1500rpm can anyone come up with what might be wrong with it , Thanks all miashane

Welcome to the forum.

A high idle in a diesel can only come from an excessive amount of fuel. In a petrol engine it could be a sticking butterfly but diesels get full loads of air at all times, they govern engine speed by the amount of fuel delivered.

Does your car have a chip, and has the chip developed a fault or has it been installed incorrectly, or has any of the wiring come loose? Some chips modify the fuel pump's output by fooling the ECU into thinking the fuel pump isn't putting out as much fuel. They aren't supposed to do that at idle - there should be a wire (eg on the No Limits chip) going to the throttle which may have come loose.

Hi, Thanks for looking at my post, I don't think it has a chip but not 100% sure. Have had someone look at it and said it had nothing to do with throttle, been told to take to nissan

Let it idle for 10 minutes, this resets the idle throttle position.

Or disconnect the battery,pump the brakes and then reconnect it, this resets the ecu

Hi Rumpig, thanks for your input I have left to run as you advised and it has worked thanks very much hopefully that has cured it.

Thats just one of the many things of learnt on this forum. Dave and Tweake are a wealth of infomation so thanks to them to.

It probably won't be the heat switch, unless there is a fault with the system. The revs (from the heat switch being turned on) should drop once a gear is selected. The revs from the heat switch should only sit just above 1100rpm.

I was thinking heat switch but it only idle's high in neutral. Dirty injectors? run some diesel power through it

Let it idle for 10 minutes, this resets the idle throttle position.

Or disconnect the battery,pump the brakes and then reconnect it, this resets the ecu
Hi there sorry to but in I have a 03 double cab that does the same wen started in morning it’s fine on tick over the goes up as you drive iv tried all what people say but nothing fixes it any thing else I can try would b welcome

Latest posts

Back