d22 snorkel template

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiejames666

Reaction score
hi guys just picked up a 2nd hand genuine d22 3.0 snorkel for $90 just need the template now ! has anybody got one i could borrow or could they photograph it and then i could print it out using the mount holes on the snorkel for print aspect ratio ???? Thanks in advance - Jamie D22 Zd30 2003

Snorkel template - solved

Just thought i would post my own reply with my home made resolution! After trawling though pages and pages of snorkel install pictures looking for one fairly square image i found one with all the holes drilled - see attached - measured the distance between the bolts on the actual snorkel and the holes on the photo to work out the aspect ratio. enlarged the photo by 2.24 printed it out stuck it to the guard. Next i center punched and drilled the bolt holes at 9mm for the intake hole i bought a $45 92mm hole saw from Bunnings - this ripped though the guard in seconds i was expecting this to take ages - Bonus. After a dry test fit i discovered the bolt hole to the far right was out by 3mm, quick file and i was in business.

I touched up the exposed metal with rust stop and set about removing the splash guard. after waiting for the paint to set i started my install, the internal pipe went in first and lined up perfectly next i applied a hefty amount of Sikaflex around all holes and bolted it up (slimline ratchet saved the day here as with the bolt pattern my ratchet spanner didn't get hardly any movement. all bolts are fairly easy apart from far left on other side of intake, its trapped between the internal pipe and the guard. patience was tested with quarter turn at time.

Finally for the support i pulled the rubber seal back and wound 2 Tek screws in - removed them added Sikaflex to the holes then tightened everything up and replaced the door seal.

Job done. total working time including 2 hour lunch break for paint - 4 hours.

Total cost $159 including saw snorkel and sikaflex.

Attachments

• 2119a2r.jpg
    2119a2r.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Nice job. That bolt next to the intake hole on mine was a pain too. After removing and replacing the snorkel about 5 times trying to work out why it wouldn't do up, it turned out the washer was too big diameter and was stopping it lining up with the threaded hole. So i got some tin snips and cut part of it off to make it flat hahaha. My ratchet spanners didn't have any trouble getting in there, but they end does change angle a bit, so that would have helped. Glad it all came together in the end anyway.

The templates for the geniune ones will all be the same. I still have mine somewhere, just can't recall where now. The only difference between the zd30 and yd25 snorkel kits is the pipework inside the guard as far as I'm aware. The physical snorkel itself is the same.

Latest posts

Back