D22 speaker front size????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stellafella

Reaction score
As the tittle says does anyone know what the front speakers are size wise and specifications was gonna put a sub in but might start with just updating them!

Cheers for any help

They are 6" speakers any component speaker will be fine I installed a set of alpine type rs SPR-60C from memory. You can use factory wiring

Ps the stock speakers are worse then my iPhone speakers they are a POS I highly recommend replacing them. My car was brand new and one was torn when I replaced it

I replaced mine with Fusion 6.5's fit perfect.
Then added Fusion 6x9 to the rear door, that took a little modification though.

Last edited:
How much did you pay for the type r's mate? I'm tossing up between paying the extra for them or getting the type s

Hey mate around $250 I got them in a hurry from JB because I cannot stand poor quality speakers was my first mod that and the head unit. I have always had aftermarket stereos not for "doof doof" but for quality sound. You can get them from eBay for $219 I think.

I would recommend them over the type s the type r have much better range. I don't have anything installed in the rear so I wanted the extra kick. The type s are more tinny then the type r. The type r have more bass and produce a fuller sound.

Hope I have been of some help. I installed the tweeters in the armrest of the door.

I put $40 sony 3 way speakers in the other week, they are indeed 6" (learned the hard way).

the factory ones use some kind of proprietary plug, I cut it off and soldered the speaker wires on, my soldering is horrible though so hopefully it lasts.

to get the door panels off undo all the visible bolts and plastic screws, then start at a corner with a very small screw driver you can just pry the clips out (holding the door panel on) all the way around then it slides up and pops off, carefully disconnect the power windows plug and you are done.

a tip when you put it back on, put the screw for the door handle on first and seat it in properly otherwise its a **** to get back in with the door panel on

Last edited:
like 180 said, although I didn't bother removing the door panel completely i stood it on an upside down bucket.

While I was there I fixed my central locking (the actuator clamp screw kept slipping off no matter how tight it was so i put small nik in the arm for the screw to sit in.)

Latest posts

Back