D22 Steering Stops - Can they be adjusted/removed?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmacca

Reaction score
Guys.... for those in the know.....

Can u adjust &/or possibly remove the front steering stops on your D22 and if so, what would be the side effects?
I'm tired of having to keep on greasing the steering stops to prevent that loud squeal when you turn fully while the suspension moves up/down causing that loud noise..... I was thinking of whether u could remove them totally and what the side effects might be...... wheels rubbing on the chassis ??

Anyone else got some ideas on how the to solve this steering stop issue w/o just greasing it all the time? What would the cost of replacing the nylon caps?

Seems to be a strange design as I've never had this issue on any of my previous 4wds.....

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.....

rob

I've seen the stop caps on eBay for like $40 and heard they wear out if you look at them, removing them might put too much strain on the steering box and completely f$&@ it, grease is the only way I rekon, or avoiding full lock

its hard to avoid full lock in a d22 tho, they have the turning circle of a train. Its ridiculous

I cut my front ones off.. yes very stupid of me and didn't think of the side effects of it but I haven't damaged anything so far and I cut them off 18 months ago

I tried but was unsuccessful but the grinder fixed that for me lol

well remember there are back stops as well I'm guess you'd have to cut the front and back ones off to start having CV issues... I don't turn till full lock anymore anyway lol

whenever i need to turn hard i turn to full lock then ease off jus a little, stops the squeel anyway

whenever i need to turn hard i turn to full lock then ease off jus a little, stops the squeel anyway

Until u hit a bump or have to go up the gutter a bit when trying to do a u-turn in a bit of a hurry..... Then u get to see the people's heads turn looking to see where that noise comes from....

I wouldn't risk it
C,vs aren't cheap
Put up with the noise
It gives you an excuse to grease up everything while your doing steering stops

I'm tired of having to keep on greasing the steering stops to prevent that loud squeal when you turn fully while the suspension moves up/down causing that loud noise.....

I had totally zone out from that noise until I read this. Damn. Having a look at mine I have a nice build up of grease and dirt. might be why I have not noticed that awful noise for a while.

Has anyone tried using rubberized paint on them? that might work.

To be fair I replaced mine almost a month ago, but if I hit full lock I just let it ease of slightly and dont seem to have an issue.

$37 will get you a set of 4 (so 2 changes) - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-N...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d5e2f5ed

or I got mine at Nissan for $24.80 (I think) for a set of two because I was impatient.

Change em at service time and ease up on full lock and should be laughing.

Latest posts

Back