D22 stopped threw water

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thenavdog22

Reaction score
Hey anyone have any ideas why my D22 stopped when I drove threw a puddle of water just cut out then when I tryed restarting to a lol bit an was blowing a whole heap of smoke from under the car had strange smell to it also anyone have any ideas

At a guess ... you don't have a snorkel, or if you do it's not airtight at the join between snorkel and air filter box. Water splashed up from the wheel through the guard and entered the airbox.

Pull your filter out and check it. Replace if necessary.

Hey anyone have any ideas why my D22 stopped when I drove threw a puddle of water just cut out then when I tryed restarting to a lol bit an was blowing a whole heap of smoke from under the car had strange smell to it also anyone have any ideas
How deep was the puddle, and how fast were you going (and which motor have you got)? I have had engine light on from dirt/water getting into the plug to the fuel pump (fixed with a squirt of wd40). It didn't stop though, and that was with a water level over the bonnet. It's good fun when normal sedan type traffic is stopped due to the gutters flooding across the road after a storm, I just make my way around everyone and go straight through it lol.

As old Tony mentioned, sounds like you got enough water in somewhere to block the air intake. It would still be unusual for a "puddle" to do this even if you don't have a snorkel. I have been through crossings with water getting near the top of tyres pre snorkel without any problems. Think the intake is above and forward of the wheel arch inside the passenger guard (was on mine) which should be protected somewhat. So it might be worth checking the airbox and pipes/joins to see if water can get in. There will likely still be some water in there and the filter might be wet if that's what stopped it.

Latest posts

Back