D22 suspension lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys

Have got final quote s Toughdog $1400 not fitted EFS $1400 not fitted.Looks like Iwill be going with Old Man Emu.Only problem is that they dont have greaseable shackles i may have to get them from EFS,Lovells

Shane

Hi Giuys

I have chosen Old Man Emu suspension set.Will cost $1700 fitted with all new shocks,rear springs and new torsion bars.Only problem Old Man Emu dont make greaseable shackles for the d22,may have to get lovells or efs shackles

Shane

Hey Shaggy et al, i picked up my 41mm foam cell shocks and springs today(2 inch lifted) from 4wd systems here in Adelaide. i'll take a photo and post it up if your keen of the gear before i fit it all. the springs look completely different and i got the greasable shackles and pins too. all for $1045.

I just put in a constant load Ironman 2 inch kit (tortion bars, shocks, springs) and love it, really handles alot better, ride height great, feels alot better. Was only $1250 and i put it in, took a day, would have been quicker if i had done it before, i recon it would take 1/2 day now i know the tricks!

fitted up my set on the weekend, pretty happy with the ride now, it has taken out most of the back jarring bounce in the rear and the front dosent drop so much when coming off speed bumps. stays heaps flatter through the corners too. Taking it to the Murray Mouth over Easter if anyone else is going down to goolwa be happy to show you guys in Adelaide.

for a 2 inch lift, i now need to climb up to get in and i'm 6Ft 3In.

will-albums-will-s-2003-navara-st-r-picture437-after-2-lift-1.jpg

what do you think?

Hi Guy's

Well I will be finally getting my 2" lift.After a few problems I will be putting EFS lift kit on my navara.It will be $1500 fitted which is not to bad.
http://www.efs4wd.com.au/Online Catalogue/Nissan/3.pdf
Will be fitting the 300 kg GVM rear springs
Shane
Hey Shaggy. I can get EFS at a good price through my brother. So will be putting it in as soon as I get the $$. Will be great to hear how it goes. I'm a bit nervous about choosing the rear combination. I want decent flex out of t but on the other hand, dont want it to ride shit when fully laden. I dont carry much weight. ( have canopy and drawer system ) but tow a fair bit. What are your thoughts?

Cheers

I sometimes regret getting Heavy Duty springs as they do effect the ride quality when you don't have much of a load there, but i do sometimes carry decent loads so really i need it. I don't like how airbags work so i just accept the firm ride. Its a ute after all and not a merc. one thing to consider is if you get the HD and find it too hard you could always remove a leaf as mostly the only difference is an extra leaf. HD generally give you a little higher lift also.

Hey Shaggy. I can get EFS at a good price through my brother. So will be putting it in as soon as I get the $$. Will be great to hear how it goes. I'm a bit nervous about choosing the rear combination. I want decent flex out of t but on the other hand, dont want it to ride shit when fully laden. I dont carry much weight. ( have canopy and drawer system ) but tow a fair bit. What are your thoughts?

Cheers

Hi guys
The reason i went with the 300kg gvm springs is that i have a 125lt long range tank and i do carry some weight in the back plus 150kg gvm springs are only a just over normal factroy springs.Plus if you want to tow anything the higher rated springs are better.

Shane

I know this prob a bit late of a reply but i hope the info will help people doin the grunt work for a lift in the future. i Also went with R.A.W. Shocks as they were in the medium price bracket of around $155 and offered the longest warrenty of 3yrs 150 000kms from memory, far better than rancho, tough dog etc. As well as that they have three stage adjustable. which by the way i rarely change unless putting a bike or two on the back. Rockcrawler leaf springs also have the reputation and and warrenty to back it up 2yr unlimited kms. they were not bad price of round $580 from 4wd1 free freight.

I know this prob a bit late of a reply but i hope the info will help people doin the grunt work for a lift in the future. i Also went with R.A.W. Shocks as they were in the medium price bracket of around $155 and offered the longest warrenty of 3yrs 150 000kms from memory, far better than rancho, tough dog etc. As well as that they have three stage adjustable. which by the way i rarely change unless putting a bike or two on the back. Rockcrawler leaf springs also have the reputation and and warrenty to back it up 2yr unlimited kms. they were not bad price of round $580 from 4wd1 free freight.

Latest posts

Back