D22 suspension mods

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boof 1988

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just after some opinions on suspension options for my 2010 d22 Str.

I bought the car brand new and pretty much hated the ride quality straight away but didn't have the spare cash to fix it.

About 2 years ago I finally bit the bullet and got a full upgrade, I went with an OME set up, 2 inch lift, heavy duty torsion bars and leaf springs New shockers did the lot. It cost me $2500 and I'm am just as unhappy with that as I was with the factory set up.

Basically what I want to know is if there is anyone that is genuinely happy with the ride quality of their d22 and what they are running, I just don't want to make another poor choice!

Cheers guys!

I'm in the same boat as you but put in Dobinsons all round with comfort springs in the rear but still not happy with the ride. Considering upgrading the shocks to Bilsteins but mate I don't think these things are ever going to be comfy no matter what you put in them.

Best way to upgrade the ride quality in a ute is by throwing 150kg in the tray lol.

Fzrr

Yeah true I've been considering other options for a while, just wanted to check before I made any decisions if there were any simple ones!

Cheers!!

My d22 has tough dog spring and adjustable shocks in rear, and I'm extremely happy with it, rides great now.

Front is dobinsons torsion bars with rancho adjustables

The problem is they are designed and built to a price - they are a lot cheaper than the next non-Great Wall offering. Infact the Great Wall V200 Ute (China) and Mahindra PikUp(India) are the only things in the same price bracket.
Even Ssangyong Actyon is 32k 4x4 Doublecab Varient

I don't think you can overcome a cheap design that was done 15 years ago with quality components.

Yep you bought a 4x4 work ute, it will never be all that comfy. The majority of the suspension work is done by the front end and being a torsion bar setup it will never be nice a smooth. Advantage of the torsion bar setup is adjustable ride height to compensate for heavy accessories and they are durable as hell.

Also if you upgraded the rear springs and you dont have any weight in there it will feel stiff as feck, especially if you bought heavy constant load springs. Try loading a couple of sandbags in the tray and you'll find the rear rides a lot better.

Im happy with my ride. Comfy as. Way better then my mates d22 with tjm lift kit. I have Bilstein shocks all round, with dobinson springs and shackles, efs torsion bars

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back