D22 tub to tray need advice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmma221

Reaction score
Hay guys, I know this has been covered before but I have already read nearly all of the threads.

I am wanting to change my tub to a tray. Looking at a really simple design, but can't seem to find a place in Perth that custom makes them? Has anyone got a tray made in Perth before? Or know of anyone that makes them?

I'm looking at spending about $1000-$1500 on one which will include fitting. If anyone has one for sale please give me a pm.

The photo below is what I'm looking at.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
No chance you will get anything for that price mate. Your looking between 3000 - 5000. Worth every cent if they know what they are doing.

Only way your getting a tray that cheap is to make it yourself. Or buy a second hand tray. I cut a rodeo extra cab tray down and made it fit. Mounts are easy to do. The gates were harder to shorten but not impossible

make one yourself at those prices, you could buy a mig welder, gas, steel, grinders etc and still have change at the end.
should be able to do it under a grand if you do it yourself.

You probably couldn't make one cheaper and of the same quality. In the end, what's your time worth?

couldn't make one cheaper then 3-5 grand? of course you could, and quality depends how clever you are.

your times worth what its worth.

If be suprised if you could make one under 3 grand that's the quality of mine. Materials I quoted was 1200, then all your tools, paint, tailights, headboard needs to be bent etc etc anyway let us know how you go, would be a fun project

You probably couldn't make one cheaper and of the same quality. In the end, what's your time worth?

The way I look at it is my time is free unless someone's paying me, the other part of that is your doing it for your self , so it should a fun project and not a chore

Cheers for the advice guys, got quoted 1.5 grand for a hilux tub including installation, with the mounts needing to be slightly modified. However, the minister of war and finance has stepped in, and we all know what that means.

Back