D22 V6 crank and cam sensors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trb012

Reaction score
Hey guys a familly friend has a v6 nav and he's been told buy nissan that his crank and cam sensors need to be replaced and it will cost $1400. He doesnt have heaps of cash so asked if I could do it as a back yarder just wondering if anyone here has done them before and whats involved? If its just a matter of removing the inlet manifold,rocker covers timing covers ect not a problem but if its more involed maybe it's best left up to nissan thoughts?

Mate have you got prices from local mechanics? You'll be surprised hour much cheaper it will be. That would be my way of going about it. Nissan over price everything

Not 100 percent sure dave. The story ive been told is that he took it to nissan with the engine light on and thats what they have told him to fix it. Seems a bit suss to me

Just seems odd to me that those 2 sensors would fail at the same time.

Plus I very much doubt that the engine would even start with those 2 sensors failed.

I agree with dave, if either of those sensors were faulty I doubt the engine would even run, I think a second opinion should be sought.

Any updates ?

Is the idle unsteady ?

KA24's, RB25's etc have trouble with there auxilary air control valves when the km's get up there.

Might be worth a look.

No updates yet im with you guys about the sensors but seems nissan doesnt know what the problem is so there just shot guning it. Il bring the scanner home from work and see if I can see what codes its logging then go from there

possible crank angle sensor

Hi guys...I am a newbie to this forum,I have a 2006 nissan navara 3.0 ltr diesel, I have never had one issue with it i love it...but just recently i went to start it and the tachometer goes spasmatic up to around 4000 rpm and wont start unless i pump the eccelerator pedal. once it has started it runs beautiful smooth and idles great but the engine light stays on. I took it to nissan dealer and they say that the code for crank sensor showed up, then he said it is possible that once they replace the sensor dont be suprised if another code shows up TYPICAL nissan im sick and tired of rip off dealers looking for extra work at my expense. After reading a few forums i have found other nissan owners have had the same issues.I have replaced the fuel filter and checked for water in there but is no water. Can anybody shed some light on this for me? thanks in advance :)

Back