D22 YD25 and D40 Yd25 block differences

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinfull

Reaction score
OK back to the old topic of a stuffed YD25ddti engine.
mine has a stuffed short block and I want to know if the short block of a D40 Navara would fit as a direct replacement. I have searched high and low but i cannot find a definitive answer.
I have also been told the d40 bottom end it stronger and they fixed the issues they had with the d22 big end bearing bolt issue and oil seal issue.

Can anyone clarify the design differences and If it does or does not fit and if not can someone tell me why not.

now im a mechanic and have no issues doing the job i just don't want to purchase a $2500 short block that's not going to fit.

thanks guys

head, turbo and ems is different d22 to d40
block and bore/stroke I believe are the same
the d22 also doesn't get the counter balance shaft that the d40 has(helps with engine vibration)

oohh
and welcome.....

so if the D40 has the counter balance shaft then i will also need the timing chain setup from the D40 as well as i presume that is how the counter shaft is operated. Also i would need all the front covers from the d40 too.

I also have an option to purchase a complete D40 engine that has overheated with 200k on the clock. No correct me if i'm wrong but i believe they use different injector pump as it common rail rather then direct injection. could i just swap the pump from my d22 over so i don't need to replace any wiring loom.

your thoughts??

Back