D22 YD25 massive drama help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok then im game to try and replace the fuel pressure sensor and the suction controle vaulve but I was under the impression that I shouldn't try undoing the fuel pressure sensore on a common rail because it could be BAD and that it was almost imposable to get the thing reseated properly again witch sounds silly to me other wise they wouldn't make it removable im at a loss on what else to try

has enyone replaced the fuel sensor on the end of the common rail if so what precausions should I take and what dramas can I expect

There have been a couple of people here that managed to do it. It's something I am not game to do, I know how much pressure goes in there - I won't go near it.

Have we run out of inexpensive things to look at before throwing $ at it?

I don't have the YD25 but I think it's more likely the suction control valve from all that I've read. Try cleaning that first. Check the plug on the fuel rail pressure sender to, someone had one with dodgy pins in it.

ok guys here is my situation im able to drive the car but its got no oomph if u know what I mean... also it doesn't like to idel I just tried to remove the suction vaulve witch is located underneath the rail on the back end of the pump but im unable to get my hands in to it will try again but im not liking my chances ... as for making a decision on what action to take here is where I stand .... as I purckased this car as a lease arrangement my final payment is today then on 19 feb I have to either pay the residual of $6900 or role over . until this drama I was just going to pay the 6900 and keep the car as I do like the nav but with the price of new cars Mitsubishi triton for example and the fact that Nissan now sell the brand new model of my car for 5000 less than I paid for mine its not looking like I will ever recover any sort of resale price ... don't get me wrong the nav on the lease package worked out great for taxation that's why if I don't have to spend to much id be keeping but its not looking that way I honestly think if Nissan want to keep selling cars then they need a couple of things fixed better longer warenty back there products very disappointed 120000 ks and its forked

if its a lease car and it failed "during the lease" you wont have to pay for repairs
so $7k to own it
Whats it worth, it looked pretty tidy
120,000 klm
$16 - $18k ?

Last edited:
:redcool::redcool::redcool:update old tony I just went for a drive out to Cessnock was going to trade it in on a triton had my young bloke follow me and talking on uhf he was telling me there was no black smoke at all ( yesterday I poored in a can of LIQUI MOLY fuel system cleaner /conditioner ) I pulled over at the dealership shut her down and walked around waiting for sales man to arrive then decided to go for a run th grab a coffee . started car and u wouldn't belive it ideling normal and no fault light in dash give her a rev all sounds good go for a drive up through wine country rd running like a new car and hasn't missed a beat since .. my theory is I must have sucked in a gut full of shit was clogging fuel pump or an injector or 2 thus not allowing fuel pressure either in or out of the rail and the (LIQUI MOLY ) has worked its way through the system cleaning the fuel pressure system ... or when I removed the egr block last week and never replaced it a lump uf crap has blown into the pump or rail getting jammed lets face it its only carbon build up in the egr and solid carbon can be broken down I recon the conditioner I put inhas done the job ... many thanks to all u guys out there in nav land expecially sparra who popped in twice to help find the problem its much appreciated ... and ill be keeping the nav now hope to see you guys out on the track somewhere ill be the one sitting on a chair under the awning of my bluetounge camper drinking cold beers.... thanks again to every one

Good news! The EGR system doesn't connect with the fuel system at all so it won't be that. Probably crap in the SCV.

Latest posts

Back