D22 Yd25 oil related question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwalkin

Reaction score
Hi guys
I've searched and read this forum for weeks trying to find the answer with no luck so I'll ask it. Hope someone can help.

I've used Caltex delo 400 multigrade for Years in my patrol and other vehicles. I have a new 2014 d22 navara and am wondering if the delo 400 multigrade 15w-40 is ok. I would like to use this oil in both cars and it seems on forum that people are saying they use it but with the zd30 motor . Hopefully I can

Cheers
Dan

Up where you are in the world, there's hardly a reason why you couldn't use an oil that heavy. Further south you might have trouble in an overnight stop, 10W30 or 10W40 being preferred for most places and only rarely - for alpine trips - would you consider 5W30 being necessary.

Yes delo is fine. I use 5w-40 oil in my yd Navara purely cause I think it runs better. Less force having to be applied to push oil around the motor equals less stress on parts and you motor doesn't work as hard. Better economy and sounds runs smoother.

Just my personal opinion.

Rusty

Hey thanks for the replies. I just got some genuine oil as I just want to change at 5000 before first service

Latest posts

Back