D22 zd30 0707 code and limp mode

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bajanZD30

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the group. I have a 2005 frontier d22 zd30. My truck won't revv pass 1000rpm. And i get a 0707 code. Thanks in advance

I'd check your lift pump make sure it goes hard in the lines dont start it just make sure the fuel lines are full maybe possible air leak or check the fuel filter when did you replace it last
Take the supply line off to the injector pump make sure you have good flow

most common cause is air being sucked into the fuel line. quite often its the fuel filter or primer pump. but also split hose ends. blocked up filters (or wrong filter) will make it worse.
fit clear fuel line and look for bubbles. another way to test is to rig up a electric lift pump. if its a big enough leak you will see fuel coming out but it also stops air being sucked in.
otherwise fuel line blockage, eg tank and lastly injection pump itself.

I'd check your lift pump make sure it goes hard in the lines dont start it just make sure the fuel lines are full maybe possible air leak or check the fuel filter when did you replace it last
Take the supply line off to the injector pump make sure you have good flow
Lift pump and new filters installed. It goes hard. I even ran my truck out of a clear can to see if I saw any air in my system and no air. I then installed an electric lift pump but nothing changed

put clear line on the fuel return hose and check for bubbles. very rarely you can get air sucked in on the injector spill line which connects on the fuel return line. also check the crank sensor, nothing has come loose.
failing that probably injection pump. 0707 is basically failing to achieve max timing compared to the crank sensor. the pump timing housing/piston wears out and you loose timing.

A small point. If u have a VP44 pump which I think al pre common rail ZD 30’s have, the injector spill line goes back into inlet pipe at pump. To bleed, it’s best to disconnect the legible hose where the spill line comes out of the head. Any air coming into pump then rises up that tube to be seen. Works a treat for me and yes I have an electric in-line pump just for that purpose. Have scraped the “ nothing but trouble” Nissan plunger/filter for a water trap/filter. Have had no trouble since.

Latest posts

Back