d22 zd30 trouble

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbod22

Reaction score
hey guys had my 04 nav single cab for about 6 months now bought it second hand from a car dealer with 260,000 ks on it. 5 inch lift 33's custom front bar it looks pretty good took it for a test drive and thought it was a bit slow but coming from a 260rwkw xr8 ute thought it was all in my head lol.. so far i have replaced the gearbox (went bang), head (cracked), radiator, water pump, vacume pump, all hoses the thing owes me over 7k on top of wat i paid for it.. after all that work it still feels a slow and fuel cuts at 3500rpm in 4th gear going up a hill wen im giving it to it. it struggles to tow my xr8 on a trailer is there anything i can check or change to improve power. i installed a boost gauge and its running 18psi at full boost around 3000rpm is that shit standard or wat lol ????my old hilux ran about 10 psi... im new to the zd30 scene and have no clue...

You sound like a petrol head mate... Stick to your xr8 and sell the 4x4 to someone who appreciates it !!

hey guys had my 04 nav single cab for about 6 months now bought it second hand from a car dealer with 260,000 ks on it. 5 inch lift 33's custom front bar it looks pretty good took it for a test drive and thought it was a bit slow but coming from a 260rwkw xr8 ute thought it was all in my head lol.. so far i have replaced the gearbox (went bang), head (cracked), radiator, water pump, vacume pump, all hoses the thing owes me over 7k on top of wat i paid for it.. after all that work it still feels a slow and fuel cuts at 3500rpm in 4th gear going up a hill wen im giving it to it. it struggles to tow my xr8 on a trailer is there anything i can check or change to improve power. i installed a boost gauge and its running 18psi at full boost around 3000rpm is that shit standard or wat lol ????my old hilux ran about 10 psi... im new to the zd30 scene and have no clue...

sounds like its had a hard life.
but boost and performance sounds about right. they tend to have a powerband from 3000rpm to 3500rpm in stock form.
stock boost is about 15psi, sometimes a bit higher especially with big exhaust.
for a bit more go, big exhaust, intercooler and chip will make it go better but in no way will it ever match an xr8.

sounds like its had a hard life.
but boost and performance sounds about right. they tend to have a powerband from 3000rpm to 3500rpm in stock form.
stock boost is about 15psi, sometimes a bit higher especially with big exhaust.
for a bit more go, big exhaust, intercooler and chip will make it go better but in no way will it ever match an xr8.

thanks for the feedback mate much appreciated. i no it wont ever match the xr8 i bought it to putt around for work and a bit of a play in the bush wen i got all the work done to it my mechanic said it had been thrashed by previous owner so fingers crossed the bottom end doesn't have any problems i do baby it most of the time because i dunno wat its been through

Sorry to hear you've had a few major issues. Touch wood my navs been a great ute. No power house but a big step up from my 2.8 hilux pulling wise. Before we got rid of the wifes vx commodore I use to love jumping in and going for a blast. Just to cure the itch.

thanks for the feedback mate much appreciated. i no it wont ever match the xr8 i bought it to putt around for work and a bit of a play in the bush wen i got all the work done to it my mechanic said it had been thrashed by previous owner so fingers crossed the bottom end doesn't have any problems i do baby it most of the time because i dunno wat its been through
don't baby it. they need a work out. seem to always go better with a decent load on.

Ohh really ok well I'll give her a little bit more berries then might do it some good..I have also noticed that my heat switch is stuck in either the on or off position and it isn't plugged in any idea why this might be??

damaged switch so they unplugged it ?

or gearbox neutral position switch is unplugged so it wasn't working.

Latest posts

Back