D40 (2012) - Lift and Suspension Advise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcoetsee

Reaction score
Hi All,

New member here. I have a a D40 ST dual cab 2012 model with a canopy, nissan snorkel, nudge bar with some lights bars and rhino roof bars.

I am looking at raising the suspension and potentially also a body lift with bigger offroad tyres and rims (currently have the stocks on).

I am a total newby with stuff like this and would like some advise as to what size lift for the suspension and body and also tyre size and type suggestions.

I am based in WA (Port Kennedy). Now from the reading I have done it seems some folk have done 2inch suspension lifts with 5invh body kit's. Is this is standard setup and would that work with 32's?

Also which vendors would you recommend and does anyone have a ballpark for suspension kits, body kits and tyres?

Just after some help here as I am still learning.

thanks guys

Depends what you are after. With 32's you could almost put them on with stock suspension, most people have about 40-50 mm lift and have 32's - but for what i use it for it is still a bit too low and i keep hitting rocks on the tracks down at Margies - so I am going to raise it up to about 3 inches or so.

I am still undecided if I will get bigger tyres as well, but cosidering going up to 33's.... Got a few km's left on my current tyres before i have to decide.

Thanks Gbt, I do mostly beach driving (fishing and camping) but enjoy a bit of a track 4wd but very limited at present with stock suspension and tyres. Guess I want a bit of both really.

At a minimum I will need 2inch lift and tyres(new rims) but whilst I am at it may as well do the body lift as the kits are much cheaper than suspension.

Any idea's as to cost for suspensions, body lift and tyres/rims when getting it fitted + cost for products.

I ran 32s on stock suspension with no problems at all..but a 2-4inch lift looks amazing and its very usefull!

Thanks Camo.b

Does it make a massive difference in clearance and looks comparing just a 2inch suspension lift vs a 2inch suspension lift + body lift?

You wont find anyone with more then a 2" body lift done, however you will find 5" suspension kits that are actually a dif drop kit which are made by Calmini in most cases, you can then add a 2" suspension lift on top of that. You can then run what ever tyre you want, wether the driveline will cope is another thread.

if you want to run 32's you can safely do that on stock suspension.

IMO the D40 is best suited to a 2" lift due to its wheel alignment issues and with the design of the upper control arms.

2"lift will give you 2" more ground clearance in the middle of your truck...go up another 1-2" and you get the same gain again...body lift gives you nothing but tyre to body clearance and extra good looks.
I found with my king cab to get the same ramp over clearance as a 50mm lifted 150series prado i had to go 4"...dam my extra cabs wheelbase!!! If yours hasnt sagged a set of spacers and blocks can help out quite a bit! Pretty cheap too and quality doesnt differ between ebay kits to brand name either.if your sagging spend up with rear springs and front coils..spacers and blocks can then be added to this then and there or later but you will need some new upper control arms and rear break lines and longer rear shocks.without these its just not going to work.

Thanks guys!

I reckon a 2inch lift will do me fine and perhaps 2inch body lift with that. Will 33's work with this setup?

Any ball park figures on tyres and suspension+body installs?

depends on who you go through and what brand you buy but you can spend anywhere from $1300 up to $2500 installed, and everywhere in between.

You will get 33's on with that combo, i wrote up a thread on here showing how it can be done with only a 50mm lift.

Latest posts

Back