D40 2013 Fuel Tank Location

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redman

Reaction score
Been cleaning the mud out from everything under the ute for days and just seen that the Fuel tank hangs lower than the chassis rails and has a little scrape or two on it... Bit scary... Havent been stuck or bottomed out on anything serious either?

Does everyones hang just a tiny bit lower, talking cm or so...?

I Have bash plates back to near the gearbox but thinking I may need to extend these back to around the back seat but still bash plates will have to hold the weight of the tank if bracketed chassis rail to chassis rail...

Anyone elses looking a little exposed? What have people done?

:confused3:

I wouldnt get to worried mate, being plastic they are going to flex around most stuff and will cop a massive hiding.
The trouble with covering them is the cover can bend and not spring back and actually course more issue then they save.

My last tow D40's did allot of hard off road trips, at times i have sculled dragged mine over all sorts of logs, rocks, and mud with the winch, (lucky for the sills i had sliders.) with not a problem.

The only one ive seen have a problem is when they tried to use a metal plate for a "MAX TRAX" style traction board that when the go peddle was pressed it grabbed the steel and shot it back into the tank puncturing the side not even the bottom.

Looks bad but in reality is very durable.

Latest posts

Back