D40 4WD engage issues please point me in right direction

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D40NAVY

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I've had endless troubles with my 4WD light error coming on mid action when I'm out in the bush and beach leaving me in some difficult places. I'm pretty sure it's the wiring harness as I've replaced sensors countless number of times, ABS aswell. Is there anyway I can get a new harness or do something to fix it?
- can you engage or disengage 4WD manually?

-can you replace the whole setup back to old school fair bit of work I know.

Hope someone can help :(

It's a 2005 Spanish model, its fare old though :(

Its a crap load of work......

As for the elec I'd take to to an auto elec and see what they say.

Thanks matey just had a geez and I'll try what they done. I just miss the beach action and I plan on going to Fraser good to know there's a way around it

Problem solved, it's hard wired to a switch in the cabin and I an select and it locks into 4wd no matter what!

Hey guys.

I've had endless troubles with my 4WD light error coming on mid action when I'm out in the bush and beach leaving me in some difficult places. I'm pretty sure it's the wiring harness as I've replaced sensors countless number of times, ABS aswell. Is there anyway I can get a new harness or do something to fix it?
- can you engage or disengage 4WD manually?

-can you replace the whole setup back to old school fair bit of work I know.

Hope someone can help :(

It's a 2005 Spanish model, its fare old though :(
I have 2010 navara 4l 46 4x4. Went in for service today and replaced inner boot left front wheel. Had to loosen the hub to replace. Now my ABS light stays on and nothing is working in 4x4 mode. 4H blinks but never becomes solled and then the yellow 4x4 light flashes. Wont engage 4H or 4L and the diflock light olso dead now. Is it maybe because of the ABS light( some safety issue maybe and because of that not engaging) Plz help. Not a sensor issue both my sensors was replaced on the previous service and working perfectly.(both on transfer case)

Last edited:
Functioning ABS is required for 4WD operation. There are two basic ways to fix the problem.

1) Repair the ABS so that the car functions normally again. You might then add some ABS cable protection if you do lots of off-roading where branches can snag the cables.

2) Ignore the in-dash switch, cut through the servo wires and use a momentary-on DPDT centre-off switch instead. Raptorthumper did some excellent posts on this here.

Latest posts

Back