D40 4x4 lo and hi

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mannnick

Reaction score
Gday guys
(car is an auto)
Last week i got bogged on the beach. I put it in low 4 and tramped my foot and the wheels didn't spin strait away. It was as if there was some kind of lag?
Is this normal? and if so is there anyway to fix this issue?

I also was trying to use low 4 with the gears but it just kept changing up when i wanted it to stay in one gear. I tried shift lock but nothing :S Probably should read the manual but i didn't think it was this complicated.

Cheers in advnace

It doesn't change into 4 low straight away, you gotta wait until the light stops flashing on the dash.

I've got a manual & I need to be in neutral to, not sure if it's the same with the autos.
You can go into 4 hi when driving around though.

In the auto, you need to be stopped, gear selector in 'N', foot on the brake and THEN the car will change into 4LO. As boostin says, you can change into 4HI on the move (below 100km/h, I think).

Waiting for the light to stop flashing is important. The servos in the transfer case change the gearing and then the transfer case checks that everything is right before the flashing stops.

had mine on the soft beach the other day and i can see why clutches don't last long in these things, was difficult to get going! could cruise from the tracks onto the beach and it was fine in 4hi with vsc switched off, no chance of taking off in hi range once i stopped though, low range and a fair bit of right foot needed.
never thought i'd want an auto 4x4 but i'm starting to wish i'd gone for the auto now.

Latest posts

Back