D40 7" Lift from Thailand

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some D22 drivers will tell you the brakes on the D40 wear out before you drive it off the showroom floor no matter what size tyres it has.

Id say that.

I dont know if its the drivers, but it comes up often.

There abit like a Toyota LSD, there !@#$%^ by the time you drive out of the dealership.

If I don't get atleast 60K (aiming for 80K) out of my brakes and factory tyres I'm not going to be happy, but then I'm no hard core off roader, I don't drive hard, I don't brake hard and I drive for economy not to get somewhere quicker than someone else. I also don't have black brake dusted rims like all the other Nav's on the road and my utes been washed 4 times in just under 2 years.

Thats where the manuals win. I got 160,000km's out of my front pads. They still had 3mm left in them. Since most of my driving is night driving, I just drop back a gear.

What did you use to get, out of truck drum shoes ?

The drums on my Nav have never been touched. Speaking of which, I should check them this weekend. No funny noises and it pulls up good. So I am assuming theres still some meat on the shoes.

I've only ever owned one car for 150K, the rest have gone long before that, I usually only average 60-100k per car and haven't put a new set of tyres on any car brought brand new in 10 years.

I did 140K on the Mitsu brake shoes and they were still going strong, in that time I also did 5 front tyres and about 12 retreads on the rear. In the bigger trucks it varied depending on whether they were city/metro running trucks or country road only trucks but we'd average 60-80 out of most.

I stick to what I know. I know the ute and how its been treated. So Ill hang onto it for a few more years yet.

I might hang on to this one since I've spent so much money on the canopy, the new battery install and the roof console but my accountant is usually the one who tells me when its time to buy a new car so I listen to him.

That 7" lift kit look dodgy to me. Only for look's i'd say. I reckon thous blocks would bend out of there the first hard bump. I'm not a fan of lifting blocks, heard to many story's of them bending the u-bolts and falling out. Even heard of them bending and diff's rolling over just from the torque of hard acceleration.

Burger11 a 2" lift is a good place too start, you can always combine this with a body lift.

Also not fussed on Snake racing's gear, their 5" lift kit looks good and impresive but anything under that they seem to want to take the easy option with spacer.
Calmini or Caloffroad seem to have some good kits, 2"up to 5". They are a little pricey, but I like they say, you get what you pay for.
http://caloffroad.com.au/products/corproducts_nissan_navarad40.htm
Superior Engineering have some good 2" kits available from Dobinson and EFS and their own 5'kits.
http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/store.php?cPath=31_52_355

That 7" lift kit look dodgy to me. Only for look's i'd say. I reckon thous blocks would bend out of there the first hard bump. I'm not a fan of lifting blocks, heard to many story's of them bending the u-bolts and falling out. Even heard of them bending and diff's rolling over just from the torque of hard acceleration.

Burger11 a 2" lift is a good place too start, you can always combine this with a body lift.

Also not fussed on Snake racing's gear, their 5" lift kit looks good and impresive but anything under that they seem to want to take the easy option with spacer.
Calmini or Caloffroad seem to have some good kits, 2"up to 5". They are a little pricey, but I like they say, you get what you pay for.
http://caloffroad.com.au/products/corproducts_nissan_navarad40.htm
Superior Engineering have some good 2" kits available from Dobinson and EFS and their own 5'kits.
http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/store.php?cPath=31_52_355

I think you will find that Snake Racing and Caloffroad are all selling Calmini Kits .
I have 40mm billet blocks in the back of my truck with quality U Bolts and so far no issues at all. I think it all comes down to the quality of the gear your installing as to who well it will last and perform.
Anything above a total lift of 150mm is not legal for road use in any state as far as I know .

Yeah thats what I gotta find out, because my dad has a new hilux and it goes anywhere, and since purchasing my navara Ive been told it's weak as piss haha.
Still love it but.
When I go out with him we do some pretty gnarly stuff and the navara gets through everything fine, sometimes surprisingly well, but I keep bottoming out on things.
I have been talking to suspension places, but anything over 2 inches cost an arm and a leg.
Is the calmini kit good for off roading?? I have searched on here for info on it, even rang Snake Racing. But haven't found wether or not it is only good for the lift and not half rugged Four Wheel Driving.

Cheers Andrew.

Also Im only a 20 year old kid so am completley clueless and the old boy knows nothing about Navs.

Yeah The Old People still do the whole Nissan VS Toy-boat thing.

Bash Plates and lots of them.

Slightly off topic (ie not suspension) but does anybody know who makes the rear bar they have on that monster looking D40:

110706908_003.jpg

Latest posts

Back