D40 Altenator pulley Relacement alternator??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry bit late but try SGESCO in Brisbane. I replaced a ZD30 Patrol altenator with one from them a few years ago. Nissan wanted $1700. Cost less than $500.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem as I have had it happen twice now bouth times stripping the thread off the alternator shaft and dropping the pulley.

whats the idea of having this clutch set up on an alternator pulley ? if its a common beakdown issue i would have the pulley locked so no clutch is opperational. bloody clutch on a pulley just like a bloody clutch on a cooling fan, what a load of you know what.

Ok so onto alternator number 3, Have noticed that this one has a plastic cap over the front of the pulley to stop crap getting into it. I believe this change came about after a a few years of the D40 production. Fingers crossed this time

I have just replaced the pulley as it sounded like a jamaican steel band. New one from Bursons was $98 and it has a plastic dust cover on the front.

Latest posts

Back