D40 auto fuel economy in sand

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matmce

Reaction score
Hi All
I'am heading into wyperfield Nat Park soon and was want to know if anyone come let me know what to expect of my fuel in the sand (This will be my first sand trip in this car). I have an 07 STX TD Auto bullbar roofracks standard tyres and all camping gear (no Trailer). I currently get about 12l/100k on the highway and anything up to 15 in the city.

PS I have read many threads about fuel economy in general, but not much on actual sand driving.

Thanks
Jacko

Try hunting threads about doing trips like the CSR or something like that. I think there was a thread a while back where several members discussed their economy and other things doing outback trips, might have been something like allowing for twice what you get on the road to be safe or some such thing.

I havnt had my Navara on soft sand yet, but my I hope its better than my last 4x4 which used to return 55l/100 on sand on a good day, but often worse.....(but with a big smile)

Double your normal fuel would probably be a good figure to start with, but I would expect less than double out of a turbo diesel.

I havnt had my Navara on soft sand yet, but my I hope its better than my last 4x4 which used to return 55l/100 on sand on a good day, but often worse.....(but with a big smile)

Double your normal fuel would probably be a good figure to start with, but I would expect less than double out of a turbo diesel.

Thanks for the info, i hope i get better than 55l/100 as am not planning to have too much fun!! just travelling thru Wyperfield NP and was wondering whether or not to carry extra fuel. Hopefully not, but at 55l/100 i will seriouslly think about it.
Cheers
Jacko

Back