d40 bull bars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its funny Tiger, because I lived in Canberra until ~3 years ago and was a pretty avid 4wder up there - as well as roaming the snowy region on fishing or hunting trips most weekends. Never had a problem whatsoever.

Meh. *shrugs*

Coren has gone to the shits we are talking Crusier swolling wash outs. They not long closed it off and filled it all in. Some areas were getting bloody dangerst. I was going trough one wash out a few months back when the bank under my rear just gave out.

I think Nathan was talking about the problem I have also experienced, where you are entering a gully or washout and the car is angled down and the further out the bar sticks, it will plough into the ground in front. mainly cause the bum is in the air.

Your on the mark there mate, its not so much the height difference its how far the ARB bar comes out from the front.
The further something protrudes from where the axle is the more problematic it is.

You could look at it like this,,
If you were to walk on level ground toward an embankment with a fishing rod out in front of you the tip of the rod will hit the embankment well before you can even get near it to put a foot on the hill,
However if you were to hold the rod half way along at the same height you would be able to start climbing the hill before the rod hit and therefor the rod will now match the angle of the hill.

Its not a massive difference between bars but there is a difference none the less and at times it is that small difference that i would of loved to have when trying to climb some sections of tracks i had trouble with where as the 4x4's i was traveling with had an advantage because of how close there bar was to the front wheels, not so much the height difference.

Just had a look... Damn that sits up close! I think my mcc bar would be at least 2+ inches longer.
Do you have a winch in there?

Yes I do. It a ridge rider 9500 the winch box is to big so it sits next to the cooler.

Nice and tucked away
Winch box.jpg

Front bar.jpg

Here is a pic of my old ST just after i picked it up from having the 50mm lift put on. You can clearly see how far the bar sticks out.

Again im not saying i dont like the ARB bars as i have owned three of them and they are great quality, BUT the new TJM bar is IMO just a bit better in both looks and performance.
The price is the same and as far as i can tell they are both quality items.
All im saying is if you can get the bar in closer and you do actually do some challenging 4x4 work and not just a fire trail or two to get to a fishing spot then the TJM would be better.
Im not a massive fan of the Xrox because the lack of actual protection they offer so the TJM is the next best thing as far as Approach angles

Last edited:
Here is a pic of my old ST just after i picked it up from having the 50mm lift put on. You can clearly see how far the bar sticks out.

Again im not saying i dont like the ARB bars as i have owned three of them and they are great quality, BUT the new TJM bar is IMO just a bit better in both looks and performance.
The price is the same and as far as i can tell they are both quality items.
All im saying is if you can get the bar in closer and you do actually do some challenging 4x4 work and not just a fire trail or two to get to a fishing spot then the TJM would be better.
Im not a massive fan of the Xrox because the lack of actual protection they offer so the TJM is the next best thing as far as Approach angles

All great facts. The Xrox bar is piss weak(used to sell them). They are a winch comp style bar thats it. The 1st roo you hit good bye front end

when i had my tjm bar fitted i had to cut 110mm off the arb brush bars so they would fit, that's how much the arb bars stick out.

when i had my tjm bar fitted i had to cut 110mm off the arb brush bars so they would fit, that's how much the arb bars stick out.

well there you go, thats a good chunk of change.

Im sure the ARB on my 2012 spain was out further then my 2010 Thai. They definitely had different mounting brackets.

Just wondering how the front suspension holds out when installing a steel bullbar,if it sags and if yes what needs to be done? As I just picked my D40 now looking at a bullbar and underbody protection.

Just wondering how the front suspension holds out when installing a steel bullbar,if it sags and if yes what needs to be done? As I just picked my D40 now looking at a bullbar and underbody protection.

Yep need after market for sure

Anyone installed the Xrox on their D40?
Im waiting on delivery of my Nav, so can't really look into it myself.
But with the xrox bar, is it possible to keep the fog lights? I like the looks on the Dmax i think where the fog light mount in the openings on either side of the winch.

Anyone installed the Xrox on their D40?
Im waiting on delivery of my Nav, so can't really look into it myself.
But with the xrox bar, is it possible to keep the fog lights? I like the looks on the Dmax i think where the fog light mount in the openings on either side of the winch.

Xrox yak yak yak. They a piss weak hit a roo with that your better with a factory nudge bar.

Latest posts

Back