D40 Bullbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

53ANO

Reaction score
Got a deal of the century today brand new bullbar from Nissan for $600

had to drive upto the sunshine coast thoe but hey i dont care saves me money

question now is how hard is it to install

or is it worth paying Nissan 250 to install

I installed my own genuine bar and apart from the nerves of cutting a 3 week old front bumper its not that hard. Just make sure you get the fitting kit as it has the install instructions and if it is anything like mine they are very good .
Get some masking take to cover the paint of the exisiting bar when you get set to cut it. Also makes it easier to mark to see just where to cut

NavaraMods098.jpg

NavaraMods092.jpg

NavaraMods113.jpg

NavaraMods172.jpg

Good point Tony
They quoted me up to $800 to fit it so I dids it myself.If its the same bar as mine the cut section isnt actually seen however some bars have the plastic finish ontop og the bar not behind it

yeah i dunno its a steel winch bar, and thats the point i was thinking if they stuff it its there fault but hmm 250 is a lot of beer.....

yeah true that, i geed it up with nissan in my area to do the install at the same time do the recall on the hood so they are putting the heavy duty springs in aswell, but still i dunno 250 is alot ill pull the thing out tomorrow and have a thinker first up

The only hard part of the deal is the cutting of the plastic bumper. On the steel bars the cut line is visible so it has to be right .
The mounting of the bar is just nuts and bolts so if you can drive a spanner your good to go. However cut that plastic wrong and youll need all them beers lol
If the stealership fits it then your covered by 12 month warranty I beleive so you will get peace of mind it wont fall off or fall apart and $250 is only 2 1/2hours or so labour .

But if you take your time the fitting instructions hava a template you could do a pretty schmicko job. I got my bar cut neatly so theres no crappy rubber edging.
use a stanley knife even to cut it cleanly and a hand saw or hacksaw blade to cut the supports behind the facia plastic. Otherwise they only use a jigsaw how much rougher cam you go after that???
Just remember to leave a good gap between winch bar and body bar as there is flex between the two.

measure twice cut once slab of beer on sunday night and can even afford to take monday off with the change :D

ok so im going to attempt to fit the bar tomorrow, will take photos and upload for everybody, have the father in law to help me out... :S

Back