D40 catch can

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crack you pull it all off complete and either use degreaser or fuel and 1/3 fill the intercooler then cover holes with ur hands and shake. Do this couple of times and rinse THOROUGHLY with water the let it dry. And then reinstall.

Simple to do really

Can anyone tell me how to fit the catch can on the 550 motor? i.e. where do I find the PCV thingo?
I don't have the 550, but.
Follow the tube from the air box to the turbo, It would enter that tube just prior to the turbo. It is about 20mm o/s diameter on the YD25. Follow that pipe back to one of your cam covers.
Hope that helps.

Got mine in the mail today and its pretty decent quality
machined alloy with gasketc top and bottom
I now have to design a baffle to force the air thru the stainless steel wool and will be good to go
Will post pics as i get things sorted

Have you got it sorted yet?

I guess the bull bar would have to come off then to pull the intercooler out shame its not on top

I guess the bull bar would have to come off then to pull the intercooler out shame its not on top

Not at all assuming you have the 2.5 It squeezes out with just the grille removed and some patience as not to bend the air foils.
Its a tight squeeze between the fitments but will fit through the hole from the grille easily.

When I first put my catch can in I was confident that it would collect the oil.
I put it right up the front but oil is still getting back into the system.
It is catching plenty of oil but not all of it.
Now I have divided it down the middle with a hole in the division at the bottom and put s/steel pot scourer material in the return side to catch more.
See how that goes.

you will probably find that unless your divider is sealed to the can the oil will be blown around the edges of it. that why i started using a filter instead.

you will probably find that unless your divider is sealed to the can the oil will be blown around the edges of it. that why i started using a filter instead.
Yea I'm thinkin the same way.
Just my tight as a fishs way to try n make it work.
My theory is since the air in now has to travel down to the bottom of the can then back up the other side through the s/wool before getting out may just be enough to do the job.
Guess we will see.
If not it's a provent I spose.

It's something I will have to consider to put in mine. Thanks for interesting discussion.

Well even after making the divider and placing s/s wool in the can, oil is still getting back into the intake.
I decided to test if the oil in the I/c pipes was coming from somewhere else.
I removed the return from the c/can to the intake and temporarily vent it to the atmosphere. Blocked off the intake end and covered the return from c/can with a breather, plenty of oil still makes it's way to that breather.
So the answer is yes the c/can even with a s/s filter in it is not getting it ALL.
Which means the I/c pipes will continue to oil up.
Provent may be the answer???

provent is the best. they use a very good filter.

i used a breather filter in mine and a fine oil mist still comes through it.

DSC00332006.jpg

Hey guys just got me catch can today and trying to work out where the hoses go...yes im a bit of a nub...i was going to copy mad D40 setup but it looks like theres something already there which kinda looks like a catch can of some sort can someone help me out. thanks

note: i also installed an EGR mod plate...do i still need a catch can?

Attachments

• IMG_0524[1].jpg
    IMG_0524[1].jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
ok i think i just figured it out...is the picture correct?

Attachments

• catch install.jpg
    catch install.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 373

Latest posts

Back