D40 Custom Air Box/ Filter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickDooit

Reaction score
Has anyone done a filter box mod/ custom jobby to release engine bay room perhaps allowing one to put another battery under the hood?

If so, photos, details would be appreciated.

Also any feed back on K&N filters? I've not heard anything positive about them (nothing specifically negative either) when it comes to dusty environments like we're prone to finding in the great Australian Outback.

Cheers Mick.

iv got a uni filter in mine, think its great, dirt and dust dont seem to find there way past it, and i just clean it when it gets dirty, simple. and i dont have to keep paying for disposable ones when allot of my driving is offroad in dirty situations

Thanks for your input.
Have you noticed any build up of oil (from the filter) on the AFM behind the filter?
After a long series of problems with the sensor previously I'm paranoid about it screwing up again.

Did you notice a difference in performance?

I have a kn filter in my d22 and its great. Aslong as they are cleaned and oiled properly they do really good. I would personally recommend using a paper filter I'm dusty conditions and kn on road use and light off-road stuff. Like if ur going put for a day trip the kn is fine. Long trips would stick a paper in and use kn as backup.

i have recently fitted k&n air filter to my D40 auto 2008. 15lt/100 before, with a dirty paper job and 11.5/100 after and i squirt around a bit. had em before and luv how easy they are to clean too

Thanks guys, I think I'm going to stick with a paper, I'd love to improve my airflow a bit more but I think I'll just try and get a bigger one into a custom box first then go from there.

Latest posts

Back