D40 decent sound system anyone?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samfromsg

Reaction score
Hi everyone, was wondering if anyone managed to pack a decent subwoofer with a box into a d40? This is of course without removing rear seats in a double cab.

Thinking of trying to squeeze in one under the front passenger seat. Any thoughts?

Hey mate it all depends on your definition of decent. I have a 22 not a 40 so not sure of under front seat space or more importantly height. I am personally not a fan of slim active subs or slim subs in general, and personally I don't see them as decent. BUT lots of guys do. I was under the impression that the d40 had a lift up rear seat, you could mould a fibreglass box to the floor in this area like a lot of guys do in the US. You would need to shop carefully to find a sub that would work well in a box that would be reasonably small. There is a guy on the car audio site diyma who's build log is call from memory this trucks final frontier he has quite a comprehensive build on their. Ben

I have a similar style to these but its tucked under the rear seat on the driver side.. You wont hear the bass from 3 blocks away but I'm also not rattling my truck to pieces either ��
Most Probally be able to double them up and have one either side if you wanted to keep the room?

Wow quite a few options out there! Thanks guys!

Can I ask if the front door speakers are 6 x 9 and the rest doors are 6.5?

Thanks!

Vision Active subs X 2 under the front seats works great with Pioneer head unit and Alpine R series speakers with no separate amp on speakers. If speakers amped I don't think they'd cut it. And they're $150 at Auto One on special at the mo.

I installed the following into my D40:

- Alpine Double Din DVD Head unit - touch screen, BT audio, hands free, DVD, ipod/hard drive setup in glove box with movies/music.

- Alpine R Type Splits in front doors

- Alpine R Type 6 1/2's in rear doors

- Alpine R Type 12" Sub in Alpine ported box behind passenger seat with passenger side rear seat in upright position (never have 5 people in my Nav anyways)

- Alpine PDX-F6 4 cha. amp running front and rear speakers

- Alpine PDX-M6 Mono running my sub

Overall, the sound system is a bit overkill but boy does it make some crystal clear sound with very powerful bass notes.

The Alpine PDX range of amplifiers are seriously an amazing product for their size. With some time spent tuning and dialing it all in is where the most gains can be had. All of the above setup poorly will not be impressive.

I installed the following into my D40:

- Alpine Double Din DVD Head unit - touch screen, BT audio, hands free, DVD, ipod/hard drive setup in glove box with movies/music.

- Alpine R Type Splits in front doors

- Alpine R Type 6 1/2's in rear doors

- Alpine R Type 12" Sub in Alpine ported box behind passenger seat with passenger side rear seat in upright position (never have 5 people in my Nav anyways)

- Alpine PDX-F6 4 cha. amp running front and rear speakers

- Alpine PDX-M6 Mono running my sub

Overall, the sound system is a bit overkill but boy does it make some crystal clear sound with very powerful bass notes.

The Alpine PDX range of amplifiers are seriously an amazing product for their size. With some time spent tuning and dialing it all in is where the most gains can be had. All of the above setup poorly will not be impressive.

Sounds like a great setup Shaun. How does it go without the sub running. Do you still have much mid bass.

Thanks mate.

To be honest, I probably am lacking a bit of mid bass which is probably due to not needing it and tuning primarily for high notes. Having the sub inside the cab more than makes up for it though so I never found it necessary. Having had a play around with the mono amp powering my sub you can more or less achieve the best of both worlds depending on the quality/power of the sub and amp.

I currently have my sub out of the car so I can tell you exactly how it goes without the sub.

Having tuned my speakers primarily for clean/crisp notes with little to no bass they sound well...average. Mind you this could all be changed if I planned to not run a sub anymore. I could then tune the amplifier for just the speakers to cover a broader spectrum of bass>treble.

But...lets face it. If you really like your music then a sub is a pretty important component. I looked into under seat options and having used multiple slim line subs before, I wanted to steer clear of that path. They never produced the bass quality or depth that I like. That being said they may suit your needs perfectly. Each to their own I guess.

Feel free to PM if you require any more info.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back