D40 front steering dampeners?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4BYFOR

Reaction score
Hey guys so I have a question if anyone has done or knows about front steering dampeners for the d40's Spain and Thai?? The reason I am asking is because when I hit a decent pot hole or bad bits of road my wheel shakes and make the steering wobble.. I seen a clip on the tubes and this guy put these dampeners on his f450 and what you know it's all good after that.. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmP8kefje6w that's the clip to what I seen.. Any ideas guys?.

Seeing the d40 runs a rack and pinion setup I don't think its possible. There is no draglink to attach a damper to like there is with the older steering box setups. I will stand corrected if someone else on here has done it or knows someone who has, but I think it is the wheels and/or tyres you have that are causing the issues.

Seeing the d40 runs a rack and pinion setup I don't think its possible. There is no draglink to attach a damper to like there is with the older steering box setups. I will stand corrected if someone else on here has done it or knows someone who has, but I think it is the wheels and/or tyres you have that are causing the issues.

Yeh... Or could just be my shitty suspension lol

Maybe that too, lol. Is it still stock? It could also be an alignment issue causing it

Maybe that too, lol. Is it still stock? It could also be an alignment issue causing it

Yeh bud still stock as a rock.. Nah don't believe it's alignment issue I have it done every 10k and just had it done a few days ago.. It's always bounced around with a it of wobble especially when hitting man hole lids in the road.. I think my front shocks are fkd.. But I was still curious if you could put these steering stabilisers in...

Fair enough. Has it done that since new or only since those wheels were fitted?

So might be a silly question but here it goes.. Would it be possible to use the factory sway bar and custom make it to accept a steering stabilizer between the 2 mounting points and if this would work.. Thought about setting it up with 2 eye mounts welded between the sway bar and then letting it move freely between the 2 mount points and if this would even do anything? Just throwing it out there.. Opinions?

Then you would have somthing that looks gay and proberly still not fix the problem i would fix your front suspension first, my stock suspension only lasted a couple of months before i was over it.

No it wont do anything, except make your truck unroadworthy.
Have you checked your steering rack bushes, tie rods, ball joints, control arm bushes for wear?

I'd look at your front shocks. Since lifting mine the bouning has gotten really bad. better then riding the bump stops tho. But I'm still running starndard shocks.

getting the gf to wiggle the wheel, i noticed that my whole rack moves almost 5mm left to right.... and makes a clunk, luckily its still in warranty. The play looks to be in the 2 bushes that mount the rack to the cross member. Only done 50000kms.

Back