D40 Fuel consumption data vanished from dash

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FitzyD40

Reaction score
2013 D40. I hooked up the van and found when I turned on the headlights/taillights the electric brakes on the van activated. After a couple of hours of tracing the fault in the middle of nowhere I traced it to the insert in the loom at the back of the car that feeds the trailer plug. I metered all the wires to try and determine a short but cam up blank. I deleted this part of the wiring loom and manually connected the trailer plug wires to the loom and all good.

However - Once I reconnected the battery the data on the dash for Distance to empty, fuel consumption etc. disappeared. Just a blank section on the LED where they once were. I have disconnected the battery several times since to install winch and dual battery system and this does not solve the problem Resetting etc.) Everything else on the dash works fine including the trip meters which are right next to this info.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Cheers

I just found this in an old post.....will try tonight. Hope it's that simple

"Just had the same problem after the battery was disconnected. I just pressed the i button on the steering wheel and it cycled through to dte avg fuel etc. motor was off. "

Latest posts

Back