D40 Fuel Pump Prob?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iain

Reaction score
HELP
My trusty Jan 2006 D40 Diesel Manual (now at 206,000km), has exhibited a fault today.
It is taking twice as much cranking to start, and cuts out momentarily around long RH bends, like TR @ roundabout!
Is there a pre-pump in the tank or similar that could fail and cause this?
I've checked the under bonnet fuel filter and found no water. Re-primed same but problem persists.
Overall performance is still good when overtaking.
Thanks in advance for some guidance on this, as I live a fair way from town!
BTW Still original clutch.........is this a record?
This is only my second post, I really should spend more time here and learn heaps!

Now Fixed, stop looking guys.

Just a breath whilst I wipe the egg off my face!!
Tried another diesel filter under the bonnet, problem fixed.
Discovered a fine crack in the plastic water drain under the filter.
I guess the pump would much rather draw air than diesel! Interesting how the problem showed up under long RH bends

Glad you found the problem, seems like no one else knew the answer either.

I saw the post and scratched my head at the RH bend bit. I was thinking possibly a loose pickup in the tank that sat high on the right side, so when the fuel went towards the left (in a right hand bend) it sucked air and stalled the motor.

Then since I hadn't heard of anything like this before I thought I'd sit back and let someone else have a go that might have experienced this before.

Glad I didn't respond immediately - I would have been wrong and pulling the fuel tank out and apart isn't easy!

Latest posts

Back