D40 Handy Hints

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beergutz

Reaction score
G'day all,

I just wanted to know what sort of "HANDY HINTS" and or "DO and DONT'S" members have for the D40 model Navara? Being technical, mechanical or electrical and so on.

I have only been a member for a few weeks and have found knowledge base unbelievable and full credit to all involved to pull such a site together. I have just installed the Ambient Temp Sensor to my 08 D40 thanks to this site and it is a perfect example.

It will be great to see what comes up!

DON'T try to keep up with the D22s when out with mates. just wheel in your limits lol

Haha whatever woznme.....

We have lots of cool stuff that the poor little D22's don't, like when you get home in the dark, turn the engine off and take your keys out, flick the high beam lever and your lights will stay on for 20 seconds or so till you get inside. The brilliant fold up rear seats. The tiedown system in the tub, the power socket in the dash is constant power so you can charge your phone etc while the ignition is off. The 6 speed manual is awesome, oh and what I love most about the D40........ The POWER!

And the handy beep that you get when you wind down the brightness of your dash lights. Just incase you didn't realise that when the lights stop getting dimmer they don't go any dimmer there is a beeping noise to make sure you understand. Can't live without things like that.

Lazy arse indicators are worth having too.

The extra income the hair dryers bring in is always handy as well.

Another handy thing I've used on several occasions is the conveniently located holes and grommets between the tub and the back of the hut. Running cables from inside the hut into the tub is made extremely easy by going through the vent in the hut and about an inch towards the center of the car and roughly the same height there is a grommet into the tub.

Those lights in the mirrors are good too, depending on which country you come from as to what they get called but I find them handy for a similar task to what Matt said. I don't really need the highbeams reflecting off the garage door when I'm heading inside but the opening and closing of the door setting those lights off for about 20 secs or so is brilliant for getting around the car in an otherwise dark garage.

Several factory annoyances were the number of gaps Nissan left in the front wall of the tub but they were easily fixed once found. The auto up drivers window not working, but this was easily fixed and it's apparently been standard again on models since mine. And the key only fuel release although I think that's only on the STX.

Pen holders? I've got a little tray under the lid that nicely holds a note book and my ipod but thats all I've got under the lid I think.

i found 2 sets of clips that you can clip you pens into and it holds them well. mine are on the passensenger side of the underside of the lid.

Crap I meant to look for these when I left home before, thanks for the reminder I'll try and remember to look when I leave work but I can't say I've noticed them before

Whale Oil Beef Hooked! Two pen holders in the console that I'd never noticed before, not sure they are in a practical enough spot for me to use them but they are there. Might try sticking my pressure gauge in one tomorrow, it's not much thicker than a pen and would make an ideal hidey hole for it.

So believe it or not beergutz you weren't the only one that didn't know about these until recently.

Whale Oil Beef Hooked!

Took me a while to get that. But i laughed for a long time when i did and woke the minister of war, finance and sexytime up in the process.

I thought i covered every inch of that car doing carpc install. Must have missed the dam pen holders. Might go through it all again tomorrow see what else i can find....... Ark of the covernant maybe?

Latest posts

Back