D40 heater blowing cold air!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tasjazz

Reaction score
Can anyone advise why, in my 2007 D40, my heater blows cold instead of hot air.....thanks.

Welcome tasjazz.

At first guess I'd suggest the resistor behind the panel as I'm sure what your reporting has be contributed to that very problem on here a number of times.

According to Nissan the resistor is $140 to replace but I'm fairly sure there was a thread recently where someone suggested that they fixed it themselves. Sure enough the part is worth cents if you can get it and the removal of the panel is quite easy but I don't remember exactly what the last poster said about doing the job himself. I can't even remember what the last posters titled his thread for you to search for.

Welcome to the forum!

The heat comes from a heat exchanger that gets fluid from the radiator, runs it through the ductwork inside the cabin and back out to the radiator again.

I'd guess there could be several problems:

1) Blockage in the water hoses/pipes preventing hot radiator fluid from entering the cabin. I assume that the engine isn't overheating, so the water pump must be working.

2) Blocked/damaged ductwork. Flaps are activated to direct the flow of air past the heater core, which heats the air and is then blowin into the cabin. One or more of these flaps may be malfunctioning.

3) Temperature selection dial is not functioning/disconnected. You'd have to pull the thing away from the dash area to check it, but there may be something shaken loose, or broken, in the temperature selector.

Good luck!

Hi I have recently blocked of my egr valve, yesterday I seen that a little bit of coolant was leaking not sure were from but I turned the heater on later and it is blowing cold air anyone have any ideas

thanks tony I found the leaking coolant it was the plastic elbow with the bleeder valve on it,
it was cracked on the section that go's into the hose to the firewall.
the other section of the elbow looks like it is fitted on to the aluminium pipe witch runs along the back of the firewall

Latest posts

Back