d40 keypad problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macka_21

Reaction score
hi new to forum

i have 2005 d40 stx and my keypad was having problems with locking and unlocking the car.
i thought the battery my be almost dead so replaced it but still doing the same thing. do i need to reprogam the keypad.

Welcome aboard.

I wonder if it's just some muck in the keyfob, or a poor electrical joint in it (could even be some near-invisible salts on the battery connectors). Has the key ever been wet?

If the key fob doesn't do anything at all, I'd check if the spare key works. If it does, then this key might have either slight damage to the battery contacts or a circuit problem.

If the spare key doesn't work either, then the car's BCM (Body Control Module) would be the next thing to look at. If the windows work, and the interior lights work, chances are the BCM is okay, I'm not sure about how it receives the radio signal sent by the key. I think the receiver is in the centre of the dash under a small squarish cap - if you've placed something metallic over that, it could be the cause.

I've fixed a few of them for people over the years and it's always the little micro-switches on the PCB that fall apart. Is both lock and unlock affected, or only one. If it's only one then it's almost guaranteed to be the switch on the other one.

If both lock and unlock don't work, it could still be a bad internal connection, but a bit harder to track down.

Tony's advice about checking with the spare is spot on.

I've fixed a few of them for people over the years and it's always the little micro-switches on the PCB that fall apart. Is both lock and unlock affected, or only one. If it's only one then it's almost guaranteed to be the switch on the other one.

If both lock and unlock don't work, it could still be a bad internal connection, but a bit harder to track down.

Tony's advice about checking with the spare is spot on.

Hi kernels..I have a similar problem.. I can lock all doors with keyfob, but I can only open the drivers door with keyfob and the interior central locking switch.

I have re programmed the keyfobs, put in new battery and disarmed anti-hijack modes etc.. Nothing works.

So I have to manually open all the doors for passengers the same way I did in my HZ when I was 19 haha..

Have you seen this 'issue before..

Cheers Robb

Hi kernels..I have a similar problem.. I can lock all doors with keyfob, but I can only open the drivers door with keyfob and the interior central locking switch.

I have re programmed the keyfobs, put in new battery and disarmed anti-hijack modes etc.. Nothing works.

So I have to manually open all the doors for passengers the same way I did in my HZ when I was 19 haha..

Have you seen this 'issue before..

Cheers Robb

Hi Robb,

OK, this is the way I would approach it. If they keyfob is only unlocking the driver's door, and all 3 other doors stopped working at the same time, then there is obviously nothing wrong with the actuators in the other 3 doors, it has to be a signaling type issue.

My guess would be that the way they work is that the driver door has a master actuator and all the other ones are slaves, this is a fairly common setup in cars.

The master actuator has a switch inside which signals the other actuators and I would guess that either this switch has crapped out (test by fitting a replacement actuator to the driver's door (borrow one if you can)) or it has to be wiring leading from the master actuator the other doors.

Hi Robb

I am not sure but I think that these utes have an anti hijaking function built into the locking systemso that only the drivers door unlocks. This can be programmed so have a look in your manual and it will tel you how to disable this so that all of the doors unlock.

Latest posts

Back