D40 Lift, Bilsteins & King/EFS Combo A good Idea?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryzan

Reaction score
Anybody else running the combo that Fulcrum sells? Bilstein shocks and King Springs in the front, EFS leafs in the rear? For a touch over $1700 seems pretty good value for money I think?

Also, they gave me the option of 'RAW' shocks which are apparently made in Aus and have a great warranty, anybody had any experience with these? I'm a bit partial to the bilsteins but the raws are $300 cheaper.

Also as far as rear shackles go, is there a reason everybody sells urethane replacement bushes? Are they the same as stock size bushes and could I just order rubber replacements from Nissan instead (I have a strong dislike for urethane).

Finally, any reason they recommend EFS leafs in the rear instead of king leafs?

Sorry if this has already been asked before but there seem like so many options in the 4x4 world. Plus I'm used to trying to get my cars as low as possible normally not make them higher. :confused3:

I run bilstein shocks with dobinson spring front and rear for the past 3 years and I recommend them

I recently had an efs leaf snap straight in half. But apparently because it snapped straight after the u bolts. It was because they musnt have been re tentioned after the previous owner installed them. I would defiantly go the bilsteins!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418880501.947256.jpg
Patrol shocks for the rear :)
As Zordo points out below extra long , Bilstein part number identifies them as patrol,
Thanks Zordo

Last edited:
View attachment 19010
Patrol shocks for the rear :)

Extra long rear shocks to suit D40
My normal D40 rear Bilsteins are 590mm ext
Be careful want you rear on websites. Some shock manufacturers have no idea what length shock to use with raised fourbys
The listed D40 rear Bilstein is only 570mm ext
Cheers

Last edited:
I had thef Fulcum setup installed. Why they use EFS in the rear over Kings I have no Idea. One thing i did find was the front raised 50mm standard spring were way to soft. Ended up putting in Dobinson HD raised. Now have great lift over 50mm and the ride is still great.

If you do go the Fulcrum way, opt for the HD version of the front King springs and if you have a bar and or winch maybe the Extra HD.

Bilstiens are the go!

Thinking I might just piece together my own kit instead with kings front and rear and bilstein shocks.

Do I need to replace the rear shackles? Or do they only replace them because aftermarket shackles have greasable fittings for those silly urethane bushes?

Also, what bilstein shocks should I be looking at getting? Most websites just say theyre a bilstein shock and dont give any specs or list a part number or anything like that. Any good websites to buy from?

I bought my bilsteins from the states. Cost me $406 for 4 shocks delivered. Got mine from 4x4parts.com. Eshocks.com is another one. They would be able to tell you what you need

Latest posts

Back