d40 no boost plz help - SOLVED

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveog

Reaction score
hey guys/ladies. i have a 07 stx d40 and recently lost boost after taking it on the beach. no warning lights on the dash. i have cleaned the maf and done the whole reset thing and still no luck. it is due for a major service which would include fuel filter. does any body know if this problem could be caused by a clogged filter. no smoke what so ever and no mods, hoses seem alright and the actuator seem to be working when i suck on vac hose. it seemed to have some boost on the 1hr drive home but only in high revs over 3000rpm. it now seems to have no boost. any suggestions would be great. cheers.

My guess would be the boost control module down by your air in-take..

Try this... Trace the hose from the Vacuum port on the drivers side on the engine.. Now this should go to the control module.. Pull the hose from the actuator on top of the turbo and plug the hose from the vacuum directly on top..

Start engine and quick rev... if this brings the boost back - you need a new boost control module..

Common item to fail on the D40's...

thanks for the advice black outlaw. seems as if there is boost there when swapping vac hose over. guess i need a new vacuum solenoid. anyone got any idea where to get these from apart from nissan. could i just put a adjustable boost controller in its place. (not very mechanical minded) so unsure.
thanks in advance

As mentioned, get one from Nissan.. they are appox $120 and are a common failure item ...

Or if you're happy to try it - a wreckers might have one cheaper.. Always a risk though.. If you go this route, plug it all in while at the wreckers and try it there to ensure it works..

Otherwise a genuine one from eBay.. Again, if you can wait..

Good to see that was the only issue.. Get the part, re-attach all the piping to the right points and you'll be off and boostin' again :)

Latest posts

Back