D40 performance and kms with 33's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnkathy81

Reaction score
Hi all, still in two minds between 32's or 33's on my d40. Have 2013 dual cab 2.5, with 140kw motor. Can anybody tell me how bad the performance gets with these on with equivalent or close to model? Also rough difference in petrol consumption? I understand that the trip meter does read inaccurate due to larger diameter witch some people don't take into consideration. Just hear to many different stories and wanting to hear from someone who actually has them before buying. Advice much appreciated. Thanks!

Stuff all. I run 33's on an 06 STX. Speedo is fine and still get 600+ to a tank depending on my foot. Thats on a 2" suspension and 1" body lift with some inner guard moulding.

Plus you get more diff & cab clearance ;)

Exact suspension setup I'm doing also, so many stories I hear that the car won't move and ridiculous reduction in fuel economy good to hear from someone who actually has them. Thanks mate!

Haha nah, i barely noticed any difference. Even did the sat nav speed VS speedo, was fine. If you are heavy on the throttle it will suck juice, but keep it below 2500 revs and its fine.

33x12.5 might start making a difference but im not sure. I run 285/75/16's on stock STX wheels and i dont regret it for a second.

Yeah I'm gonna run same tyre size exactly on sunraysia wheels as I don't want the 17's mine has on. I tow a tradesmen trailer for work also reason I got a bit worried with take off. Made up my mine now especially after seeing one on the road earlier on with 33's also lol

Im exactly the same as Cobez.but mine is a 08 thai kingcab 126kw when in standard trim.would never go back under 33'..but toying with the idea of 35s next...just need some one to talk me out of it!!!

Johnny if you get 33s I am not going to be able to park my car in the same court as you as mine will just look silly sitting on 31s :( haha...

Thanks camo.b good to hear from people who actually have them on the same car and are happy with them as you hear to much mixed info from others.

Lmfao! Is that you Stephan?

Im sure i can get them under there...there are a few here with them but i cannot get a decent comment on how the are...33s are the go for cops, economy and just being nice to the drivetrain.

Hahaha i have also entertained the idea of 35's but THEN the Nav would drive like arse. Unless i upgraded the turbo..... Lol :D

Nah i might go 33 x 12.5 at some stage but 35's is getting too much for me personally.

Mt barker S.A here..cops are looking but not bothereing to stop anyone..just waiting for a breatho stop and the 'sir you ute seems quite high' comment..i havnt rang my insurer but its a good idea just incase they are crazy strict!!

Lol camo.b has anyone heard of someone being knocked back with insurance claim for oversized wheels as I'm sure just about everyone's 4x4 has no engineering

If you are that worried, get a secondhand set of 255's on your original wheels when you get the Sunraysia wheels and swap them back in the event of an accident.

My ute has bodylift, that's not engineerable in Vic ;) cant do friggin anything in Vic. Bloody nanny state.

Latest posts

Back