D40 Remote HardLid Not Locking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky12343

Reaction score
Hi all,

Am having issues with my Genuine D40 Hardlid not locking. It will not lock via the remote or with the key (Although I have never used the key to lock it in the past)

Upon locking the vehicle I can hear a tick coming from the hardid, but not the mechanical sound it used to make when it was locking.

Latches will not lock with the lid raised either.

Am I missing something simple or should I return the lid.

Cheers
James

Update: Issue resolved.

Booked the D40 in and was looked at yestersay. Dealership told me they have seen alot of these. The issue lies with an electronic component in the locking mechanism that changes the polatiry to the actuator, depending if the lid needs to be locked or unlocked. The component fails and does not change polarity, meaning the hardlid will not lock.

Dealership also informed me that this electronic component is only available in a kit with the actuator which costs approx $200 plus. Lets hope nissan sort the issue out before the warranty is over! But for now, fixed and all good

Yeah i have the same issue with mine, took it back lock replaced and approx three weeks later bam same issue, booked in for tuesday

I had the same issue.
When I removed the lock I found that there is a small metal tab connected to the actuator which had broken.
Had it fixed under warranty, although it would have been an easy DIY fix.

Latest posts

Back