D40 Series 4 suspension advice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shano

hay mate i have fitted a oldmanemu kit to my 2010 d40 stx gained 20mm in front + 60mm in rear ride is excelent but looks crap. now have fitted king springs to front + 10mm spacer now mutch better all so have fitted cam bolt ajusters front bottom wish bone to address any wheel aliment problems.

Hi
Took my 07 RX for its first beash run today since I ve had it (2 weeks) It went well but I feel the front is to low the front cross member kept leveling the sand off. Can anyone suggest what the best thing is to do (How high, Spring spacer etc)???????

Thanks

Hi
Took my 07 RX for its first beash run today since I ve had it (2 weeks) It went well but I feel the front is to low the front cross member kept leveling the sand off. Can anyone suggest what the best thing is to do (How high, Spring spacer etc)???????

Thanks

I have a set of bigger ridepro springs over the standard D40 strut and topped with a 25mm snake racing spacer up front and a seven leaf ridepro pack in the back.....all around this gave me 60mm and it doesn't seem to have settled too much at all after 2 years. I'm guessing if I took the storage unit (with 2 x aux batteries and a 70ltr water tank..and my recovery gear and fridge) out of the back the rear would rise a little though :)

Attachments

• IMG_3903.jpg
    IMG_3903.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3904.jpg
    IMG_3904.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 78
I'm also in the process of looking for a suspension upgrade and have received quotes for OME and EFS gear. The OME gear is "advertised" to give a 30mm front and 60mm rear lift which seems to agree with previous posts (approx. $2200). The EFS gear comes as a kit to give a 30mm lift fornt and rear (approx $1850). At this point I'm leaning toward the EFS gear but would like to know if anyone has fitted this 30mm lift and what the actual results were?

Cheers

I'm also in the process of looking for a suspension upgrade and have received quotes for OME and EFS gear. The OME gear is "advertised" to give a 30mm front and 60mm rear lift which seems to agree with previous posts (approx. $2200). The EFS gear comes as a kit to give a 30mm lift fornt and rear (approx $1850). At this point I'm leaning toward the EFS gear but would like to know if anyone has fitted this 30mm lift and what the actual results were?

Cheers

A friend has a RAW kit fitted to his D40 and is very happy with the result.

they are just spacers for the suspension and is not an equivalent for replacing the lot. You will pay similar money here for spacers as you are looking at paying (with shipping) from the states.

they are just spacers for the suspension and is not an equivalent for replacing the lot. You will pay similar money here for spacers as you are looking at paying (with shipping) from the states.

Where could I get them here the only ones I have found are double the ones from the USA
Thanks

i thought the d40 was to soft if anything. having said that i have put a steel tray on which looks like its made the rear sag a bit. mate of mine did the same thing but hes added airbags to help.

anyone know much about the ironman gear?

I have a D40 2007 with 65,000km and I'm looking at doing the shocks. Don't do any heavy off road but about to set off around OZ. A mob called 4WD Direct do LOVELLS D40 NAVARA GAS LEGEND SHOCK ABSORBERS 1 SET of 4 for $499. Are they a good option? Is that a good price?

I have a D40 2007 with 65,000km and I'm looking at doing the shocks. Don't do any heavy off road but about to set off around OZ. A mob called 4WD Direct do LOVELLS D40 NAVARA GAS LEGEND SHOCK ABSORBERS 1 SET of 4 for $499. Are they a good option? Is that a good price?

Jindy

That's where i got my lift kit from, inc lovell shocks, about 2 years ago. Can't fault their service or the product and can't comment of price, but at the time they were competitive. Do some research to see where they sit at the moment.

The only issue i had was when one of the shocks failed doing the Gibb River Road. I rang them (lovells have a 3 yr warranty) and they said i would need to post (20.00) the shock back to them for inspection. In the meantime i would be required to purchase another fro them and if the warranty is claim is approved then they will credit back the purchase price of the new shock. It was a very shocky way of doing it and i'm breaches numerous laws within the trade practices act.

Anyway, i sent it it, bought the replacement and finally the warranty claim was approved and the purchase price credited.

It was way too hard. The next time i will be purchasing from an Aussie wide supplier were failures can be replaced there and then.

I must add that the above scenario is relevant to most, if not all, online purchases. So it is no way being critical of 4wd direct. I couldn't fault their service or supply. I'm disappointed the lengths you have to go through to have something fixed. This would be an issue if you lived in Adelaide.

Latest posts

Back