D40 Speakers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nav_brah

Reaction score
Hey guys! I have a 2013 D40 St. I want to change the speakers in the doors. I believe that the front doors have 6.5" speakers and the rear doors hold 6x9" speakers. Is this right? I just want to confirm that the front are just speakers or are they splits with tweeters? There is a little grill on the top of the dash near the windscreen which looks like it might contain a tweeter?

Cheers for help boys!

My 2007 had 6x9 in front doors and 6.5 in rear doors. Tweeter was in front dash but don't think there was a crossover as such. Has now though.

I've thought of upgrading mine too. Is it worth upgading the speakers on their own? does the headunit have enough power to run some better speakers or should an amp go in as well? does the headunit (2012 ST) have RCA preouts or do you need a line convertor or better head unit?

Guys,
The factory head unit is average at best for grunt power.
The original speakers are ok... but much better can be bought or sourced for only a few bucks.
An amp is an awesome upgrade with 4 up-spec speakers too :)
There are many here that have fitted 6x9s into the front doors with relative ease. The rear doors are stock with 6 or 6.5 in speakers.
Cheers,

If your going to do a sound upgrade my advice DO IT ONCE DO IT RIGHT.

Head unit speaker amp/s

there are some really good specials out there for quality stuff. Other wise dont mess with something that already works just fine.

Also where are most of your hiding your subs. in the dual cab.

Am I right to assume that the stock Head Unit does not have pre outs? I am happy with the way the head unit looks and dont really want to be forking out cash for a screen which will hardly be used for anything but Ipod or Radio.

I've just upgraded mine with an alpine ics x8 touch screen, Polk audio 5 channel amp, bazooka 6" bass tube and Polk audio speakers all round, also dynamatting in the doors.

My 2012 st had 6x9 in the front and 6.5 in the rear. The bass tube sits under the rear seats, in my opinion, a 6" sub is all you need. Spend the money and get a good amp and speakers and it will make you one very happy camper!!!

Latest posts

Back