D40 Stereo HELP!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

its_dunks

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've got a 2009 ST-X and i have replaced the stereo with another model. (pictured here)
IMG_8632.jpg

It has bluetooth which connects to my phone and i can dial but no one can hear me, i'm assuming i need an external microphone connected but i don't know where to connect it?

Also, where is the AUX connection point for it?

Any help would be appreciated!

Dunks

Hmhmhm, that looks similar to the stereo out of my 2013 Nav, (apart from the 6 cd thing) the physical microphone on mine is mounted in the roof lining, but can't help you with how to wire a microphone into it unfortunately.

Does it have RCA inputs on the back for the AUX function ?

Hopefully someone will come round with a wiring diagram soon.

Did you do the install yourself? Have you seen the back of the stereo?
Pulled wifeys nissan stereo out to plug in an external aux - it was supposed to be plug and play and i was going to run it into center consol box. In the back of the stereo was supposed to be a little square hole fora little square plug. Having AUX button on dash I'm pretty confident itll be there
If you dont have the plug im pretty certain the one i bought is still at home

Hi Guys,

Yeah i installed it myself, i'll get a photo of the back for you and see if you can help further, i'll also get a photo of the current AUX cable in my glove box and see if you know whether there is an adaptor for that too.

Nice to see you did it your self. Pretty simple really if your not scared to pull and poke at the dash..
Haha sometimes you think ' there has to be more screws' but no - just a little more pulling.
If i remember the aux cable look something like this --> http://imageshack.com/a/img538/3411/26cX9e.png

Haha got them brother.. good thinking..
The existing cable you mention has two headphone looking ends?

Last edited:
And secondly.. the aux cable i have and the spot that i was looking for in wifeys nissan looks similar to the one one the left of the two spare empty plugs.
Then on the other end of the cable it has a female? - hole - connection to flush mount in your car. After that you plug an aux cable into that and into ya phone

The auxiliary cable in the picture went into the stereo and the other end is in the top glove box and i plug things directly into it. If that makes sense.

it's still mounted in the glove box but the (female) and the end showing use to go into back of stereo but no more.... there isn't a spot for it. But what you think is the second from the end on the left in the other picture is for auxiliary but just a different connection? Am i on the same page?

http://imageshack.com/a/img633/1553/afowU6.jpg
This is the cable i have - pretty much the same as the one i posted today but with a hole instead
I bought it for our other nissan without pulling the stereo out first thinking that i could plug it in and use aux..
You'd think if there wasnt an aux button on the stezza that you wouldnd try.. rushed decision
i seen pictures of what the back should look like and bought it. My guess is the spare one on the left out of the two is for the auxiliary, either way its definetly one of the two.
hope my rushed rant makes some sense

yeah rightio, that makes sense.

Where did you get the cable from? could be worth a try as my current would probably plug straight into the 'hole' end and the other into the stereo.

Latest posts

Back