D40 - Stuck in Low Range

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tunerband

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone is able to help me out. I installed a 2" lift today in my D40 at a mates place and decided to put it in 4LO when we doing the rear wheels. I was listening to the stereo the whole time and the result was a flat battery. When I restarted the car it will not come out of 4LO.

I have a Spanish Built 2011 D40, I thought I might have blown a fuze when I tried to start it with the flat battery. Problem is I have no idea where to start looking for this?

Anyone able to provide some tips?

Cheers,

If you jump underneath, remove the servo from the transfer case and use a large flat screwdriver to turn the mechanism 270 degrees you'll find the car will be back in 2WD mode. Is the 4LO light on in the dash? If it's not, the transfer case might have a faulty sensor and you'll need to hunt that down.

Fuses and relays are in the IPDM/ER in the engine bay - just behind the battery.

If you jump underneath, remove the servo from the transfer case and use a large flat screwdriver to turn the mechanism 270 degrees you'll find the car will be back in 2WD mode. Is the 4LO light on in the dash? If it's not, the transfer case might have a faulty sensor and you'll need to hunt that down.

Fuses and relays are in the IPDM/ER in the engine bay - just behind the battery.

I just read this then and its a bit dark now, but I will try this tomorrow. I checked 4 fuze boxes (3 under the bonnet and 1 next to the glovebox) and I could not find any fuzes that were blown or even that seemed to be at all related to the 4WD system. The selector switch does not seem to work and I have a 4WD light on my dashboad, it might be easier in photos.

This is the warning light I have on my dash

IMG_0849.jpg

Ahh that looks like a different problem altogether. Does the car feel like it's in 4LO? The 4WD light normally comes on when the car will refuse to enter 4WD - usually an issue with the ABS, and that could be for a number of things: constant traction loss, damaged sensor wires, front wheel bearing semi-destroyed and chewing out the ABS sensor - there's a number of possibilities there.

Might be worth checking the DTC codes that the ECU is reporting. If you can get your hands on a bluetooth ELM327 adapter and an Android smartphone you can get the Torque app from the Google Play store and pull the codes yourself, otherwise any mechanic's workshop will be able to plug in and give you the code(s) within seconds.

Latest posts

Back