D40 STx 550 electrical problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianroy

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, hoping someone can give me a bit of guidance here.
My cruise control has stopped working in that it will turn on but refuses to set a speed. I figured that some fault somewhere is causing this issue. My OBD shows only one item which is that no.4 glo plug has failed. The second thing is that it won't select low range, it will select 4H but not 4L. The 4LO light just keeps flashing but it won't go into low. Yesterday while driving the VDC OFF light came on but manually switching it made no difference. After a stop and restart it didn't come back on.
Is it likely or possible that the 4wd switch/control is causing the CC issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ian

Check your fuses and grounds. There is power that runs from the IPDM to the transmission control unit to the BCM and those signals tell the transfer case what to do. The ECU gets signals from the steering wheel to turn on cruise. It could be a bad/worn set button. Below are the signals for the transfer case for connector F8 in the IPDM box. I only know this because I had to integrate the YD25 engine harness in my US spec Nissan Frontier IPDM box.

1693536295789.png

Last edited:
A common cause for this is a busted "clock spring". It's happened to me several times but the last time I didn't replace my clock spring, I repaired it by replacing the ribbon cable within and ensuring that I had centred it correctly - I've not had any issues in a very long time.

Test it two ways:

1) Try turning the steering wheel a little (like when you're in a bend, low speed - > 40km/h but < 80km/h) and see if the switch responds - if so, it's definitely a clock spring

2) Remove the clock spring and use a multimeter. Take care with the airbag, you really do not want to set it off.

Thanks guys for the help, unfortunately I'm away from home on holidays at present but I'll be home in about 3 weeks so I'll get into it then.
Cheers
Ian

This little problem turned out to be a blown brake light fuse which is of course an easy fix. What I found interesting was the fact that it wouldn't select low range but it would get 4 high. I can understand that the cruise control wouldn't work. I must confess that I checked everything out first and wasted a lot of time and finally checked the fuse.
Anyway thanks for your help guys, it was much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back