D40 Suspension lift geometry issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashlukin

Reaction score
Hey guys, have had a good look through the forum, cant find i what i need.

Have been told that lifting my 2006 D40 more than an inch will ruin steering geometry and have wheel alignment issues? Is this correct? Im looking for 2 inches of lift.

cheers, ash

Hey mate, welcome.
There are far to many threads about lifts on D40's but if you had of read through some you would have found the answers you are after as now there is yet another to go with the others.
Anyways as not many will answer for that reason i will say some of the early models need offset bushes to correct alignment but yes you can lift a Nav 2 inches without much fuss if you look through garages etc you can see who is running what and the "SEARCH" function works pretty well.

I have 60mm front lift and 70mm rear lift in mine with 33's and my CV's are straight and the steering is fine. Only took two wheel alignments. One when the suspension was done, one when it settled a bit. Mine is an 06 STX

No probs at all. Most on here havent had problems at all. Who told you that?

I have a 2012 STX 550, With a 2" suspension lift and my Camber is way out, .9+ on LH front and 1.2+ on RH front. looks like ill be either getting LCA offset bushes or brand new UCA adjustable.

If you run any bigger than a two inch your going to have allignment issues. Im now running adjustable coilovers set to around 4 inch lift and I put in SPC/ Fulcrum adjustable uca's at the same time. You can go a diff drop kit that lowers diff and gives you new spindles but I personally wanted to stay with a full suspension setup which drives like a dream and is unbeliavably smooth offroad. Floats over everything like all my mates patrol and cruisers running kings, amada and fox shocks.

And also all my allignment is dialled in perfect. I got my fulcrum uppers for $650 as I was one of first to order them, think they have gone up a bit in price now. Advantage over others is the bushes are easy to get in Australia if they ever need doing, but from my experience they are tough as nails.

Attachments

• 2012-10-12 20.30.38.jpg
    2012-10-12 20.30.38.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 830
  • 131898_10151135367056724_1484720727_o.jpg
    131898_10151135367056724_1484720727_o.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:
Hey mate, welcome.
There are far to many threads about lifts on D40's but if you had of read through some you would have found the answers you are after as now there is yet another to go with the others......... "SEARCH" function works pretty well.

Rather than people having to trawl through loads of different posts while not necessarily know what questions to ask etc I wonder if somebody with the know how could perhaps gather the best threads together and either summarise or just make a post with links to the good threads.

The admin could then make this a sticky and save askers repeater old questions and old hand from havnt to grumble about repeat posts. I know I'd find it useful as its something I'd like to know more about but don't necessarily know what to ask.

Anybody willing?

Latest posts

Back